Hi! New member getting a Canon Pro9000 Mark II

tony22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm new here but have been a long time Epson Photo printer user. I was in the market to replace my current Epson and decided to pick up a Pro9000 Mk.II after reading a bunch of reviews. The big decision makers for me were the removable print head and the many positive reviews. Maybe not as good as the Epson 1400 (my other choice), but I did not want to get another printer with a fixed head. I've always been able to get out of clogged head problems with my Epsons but I've gotten tired of the incredible waste of ink doing so.

Which leads to my questions. I have a ton of left over Epson Photo Glossy paper (both the older variety and the Premium type). First, can I get any kind of decent output using this paper on a Canon? If so, does anyone have Windows-compatible profiles for these papers which they would be kind enough to pass along?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I've used Epson glossy photo paper with dye based canon printers very successfully. If the Epson paper you have was the type used for dye-based epson printers it should be fine.

tony22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tremendous! Thanks to a great site and its members!

tony22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Mikling, I suppose I just drop the ICM files directly into the Windows spool subdirectory where the other ICMs are located?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Everything you need to know can be found by following each link and reading it through and looking at the screen shots I posted. The initial link will provide everything.

Canon drivers are not as complete as Epson's. Their drivers ( for the wider printers) are so complete even Epson does not explain all the options within their own documentation nor on their web resources. I will show some of the tricks in my installement on Epson drivers at a later time on Color Management for Epson.

Canon's take on Epson's Color Adjustment is their Color Correction.