Hi! Maxify user here...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Looking at the uploaded image "purge.jpg" from post #3 I also thought that a dirty timing strip was the cause of the problem. But then why is only black affected? Coloured and grey vertical stripes are not broken.

faizal

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IB4170
As requested folks, here's the purge image after cleaning timing strip again(the purge image is actually an output from qimage, http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/), a software I use to automatically print a page every other day to prevent nozzles drying up when not in use.

It's the same, only black is distorted, actually the timing strip is squeaky clean because maxify chassis is big enough for my entire hand to fit in comfortably with a bright led light, cleaned it multiple times before this with alcohol swab as well as windex (original).

Conclusion:
1. Only black text distorted on standard print on plain paper.
2. Vertical print for text in black is ok, just tested yesterday printing envelops.
3. Convert any document in black into any other color, print normally on standard print.

ps: Thanks for all the interactions, folks, it's good to explore.

Attachments

• purgenew.jpg
    purgenew.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 264

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
But then why is only black affected?
My thoughts as well and reason why I said this was likely electrical malfunction.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I the timing encoder is clean, I have no solid answer. It certainly appears to occur during bi-directional printing due to the regular stepwise offsets. Perhaps the print head is "confused" about what nozzles to fire??

The alignment print "should" exhibit evidence of bi-directional offset issues. I would experiment with alternative alignment settings on the black columns, and see if you can influence the offset of text/black lines

faizal

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IB4170
Guess what folks? After I switch CIS to the new printer, I re-installed original set of cartridges back to the old maxify, but before that, I re-seated the printhead, after 1 round of alignment & cleaning, here's the print results...

... unbelievable, almost good as new! :barnie

It might just get to 100,000 pages & why didn't I think of this earlier :he

Getting a refillable cartridge set for this old one.

Attachments

• pur3.jpg
    pur3.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 206
  • text3.jpg
    text3.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 211
Last edited: