Hi folks -canon pro 9000 mk2 custome profiles not showing in driver.

kalides

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 9000 mk2 epson wf
i did a search, but came up with nothing helpful. i use Affinity Photo, and Corel Painter. i have made some custom profiles, for media, and also d/l some redriver profiles. i have loaded them in windows, checked the profiles folder in sys 32, and they are there. but. when i try to print out of affinity, or corel. only the medias that are in the stock driver show, none of the custom drivers. anyone have a clue? i had thought they worked a few years ago, but bad mamory. maybe it was photo shop, but i no longer use adobe, for many reasons that i will not go into...any ideas would be appreicated...thanks guys

kalides

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Most likely they have a file extension that is alien to the current Apps that your using now..
t tried .icc and .icm not knowing anyothers, do yu know of any? thanks for the responce.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
i have made some custom profiles,
It's not really clear which software environment your are working in - from which application are you trying to print ?
Does it allow you to activate customs profiles ? Or can you activate a profile via the driver ?

Ref custom profiles - how do you create them - there are basically 2 versions possible - V.2 or V.4, and not all software is able to work with either version

kalides

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
i am in windows 10, working ATM with Affinity photo. i have d/l profiles form red river to try thier medias on a canon pro 9000 mk2 with https://www.precisioncolors.com/ dye inks. i used to do this (also custom profiles in Photoshop, cs6, these profiles would be selectable in page setup) but i can not seem to select them in Affinity. or corel painter 3019 for that matter. but i don't remember if i ever printed out of there. beforre i go buy qimage, or something, i wanted to see if i could get this working. the canon utitilites do not offer any help. thanks guys for any insight.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
If you look here

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/in...assigning-an-icc-color-profile-when-printing/

you get this

' I find it hard to understand that printer color conversion is not built into any of the Affinity apps. In other graphic apps that I have used, there are methods for setting print parameters like "Application Manages Color" or "Printer Manages Color" prior to initiating the print process. If I set "Application Manages Color", then I can assign my printer's output profile, a rendering intent, black point compensation, etc, and the app will automatically handle the conversion when printing and leave the original file in my working space (typically ProPhoto or Adobe RGB). Are none of the Affinity apps able to handle "Application Manages Color" when printing? '

kalides

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
seems to me that it used to be easier. but for several reasons i refuse to support photoshop any longer, i really want to make Affinity work. this seems to be a real shortcoming of that package though. i looked quickly at the "soft proofing workaround" looks convoluted, and not at all useable in any real workflo. i may mess around with saving as PDF, and see if that is moreviable. i do use PDF for tiling, so maybe that is a workaround. but i really want to keep it as simple as posible. i worked in the photo printing industry for 40 years, from conventional to digital, and used all kinds of rips, and other apps. i gotta feel, i can get this working. but the limitations are frustrating...anyway, thanks for any ideas, my brain does not function as well as it once did. tech, is leaving me fast behind, and i am hard put to keep up. but i will keep researching, and hoping for the best.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may use Qimage as an external print module, even with its hot folder function, or you may consider using a printer which lets you activate specific profiles via the driver - a function you find with higher end Epson photo printers P700/900; I'm not familiar whether Canon offers you a similar function to activate external profiles - the Canon users may be able to tell you - e.g. with the Pro300. You then have your profile activated in the driver , and Affinity does not need to deal with it. There is another option to assign a profile to a specific driver via the printer properties options in Windows, this works as well but is rather cumbersome when you change profiles frequently. This is more practical when you want to profile your desktop printer for better color output on copy paper and leave it like that.

kalides

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
i saved a file as PDF, and opened the printer dialog in reader, that also does not seem to allow selection of 3rd party profiles, or at least in 30 mins of searching the menu, i did not see. perhaps i will D/L the trial of Qimage, and see what it has to offer. this has really become a PITA. with all this tech, it should be easier to print. it amazes me...anyway, thanks for the responces. i will continue to mess around. this is no longer a job, it is a hobby these days. so i don't want to spend a lot on a lot of "solutions: that are not solutions. was easier to rty things when it was expensed to the company...have a great day.