Hewlet Packard Cartridges in a Class Action Lawsuit!

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense. I've lost at least 150 dollars due to HP resetting cartridges as useless (even new ones!) because of a faulty mechanism or because they were considered out of date. Unfortunately I live in Greece and therefore I will not enjoy any benefits from the lawsuit...

HP SUCKS! Only their cheapo models are worth of notice.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
That concept blows my mind. Can you imagine other companies doing this openly (as I guess some do it secretly). What if you bought a car and the engine died after X years, even if you took perfect care of it and/or left it in the garage.

I would think that competing companies would say, "Don't buy HP because they force expire their cartridges."

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Panos:

I read on another forum, the way to beat the expiration date on the HP cartridges is to remove the battery from the printer, this disables the onboard clock and lets you use the expired cartridges. I think I read the info at this site: http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums?n=1&sort=Date&by=Down

You should do a search for the subject you are interested in.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
tyamada said:
I read on another forum, the way to beat the expiration date on the HP cartridges
I think this system works for some HP printers, but definitely not for my (now thrown away) 2000C. Its "Number 10" ink tanks have a special chip whih can be resetted so that the cartridge stops working on ANY printer! Take a look at this fixyourownprinter article. It describes EXACTLY what happened to me... I freaked out just by remembering my own nightmares while I was reading it... :(