Help with low ink message

Fabphoto

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm using a Pixma 4920 with 221 carts and 225 chips. The printer is telling me my yellow is low
but I can clearly see the cart is nearly full. Is this because the resetter didn't work? will it hurt anything
to try resetting with it full of ink? If I just keep on using it without doing anything will it eventually tell me
the cart is empty and refuse to print even though it has ink in it?

thanks for any advice.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Fabphoto said:
I'm using a Pixma 4920 with 221 carts and 225 chips. The printer is telling me my yellow is low
but I can clearly see the cart is nearly full. Is this because the resetter didn't work? will it hurt anything
to try resetting with it full of ink? If I just keep on using it without doing anything will it eventually tell me
the cart is empty and refuse to print even though it has ink in it?

thanks for any advice.
If you have a full cartridge and the printer is showing the low ink warning
then maybe the yellow chip is faulty and is starting to show signs of being on the way out.

You can do one of two things, first just ignore it till the next ink warning or you could reset the chip now back to full again,
by resetting the chip is may blow and not reset or it may reset and be ok again,
it wont stop you printing but it will solve the problem either way.

Some chips last indefinitely and some die prematurely, they were never meant to be reset at all,
but its possible it could have received some damage when it was transferred to the new cartridge..