RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
4871_hibs_5.jpg

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
We would need you to upload two sets
1. That which is Ok as per you when printed straight thru.
2. The one that is faded (when printed after some time)

RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
4871_002.jpg

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
This really is a head-cracker of a problem and beats me hands down.
If the file prints ok when printed right away Than the printer should be assumed to be OK. The ink is also OK.
Now with the same file, the same printer, the same ink, the same settings when printed after some time appears faded.
Sure would like the elders in the forum to help on this one.

RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
It sure is a head-cracker of a problem jasiiboss especially for me with my limited computer knowledge. I am going to try to create the same file in word, save it and then print it out to see what happens. Maybe it will work this way but i would still like to find out what the problem is.

RH

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You say some of the files were created with 'Paint'. Did you originally print from that program? If so, what are the results if you reload the file into Paint and print it from there again?

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Just a thought:

When you print the file the first time, do you print directly from (say) Photoshop, then use a different program to print the same photo the second time? If not (and you always use the same program for both prints), ignore the rest of this post, which only applies if you use a different program for the two prints.

Some printing programs (e.g. Qimage) store their own copy of the printer driver's settings each time that you use that program and use those settings as the starting point the next time you print with that program. Changes to the driver settings in these programs are NOT used by other programs, and changes made in other programs or even the default printer settings do not affect these settings. Other programs start each printing session with a fresh copy of the "default" printer settings - which can only be changed by (Control Panel>Printers>Right click on the printer>change settings as required>OK), repeat for "Printing Preferences"). Is it possible that these settings are different in your various printing programs (as has already been suggested by numerous others)? You need to look at ALL of the settings, including those hidden in all of the "nooks and crannies", as even an obscure setting can have a major effect.

Have you tried uninstalling the driver and re-installing it under a slightly different name to force every program to load the defaults?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I agree with grandad35 and there is a color management issue/ software settings issue that might be cropping up. When saving, I wonder if some selections used are doing some conversions when saving.

Some programs override the printer settings within the driver as set up under printers and faxes. So if you print the same picture with another program that used the settings under the printers and faxes tab then you may get a different result if the settings are not the same.

I would not think that the driver is the culprit as it had printed properly prior.

RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I am going to give your suggestions a go and see how i get on. Will let you know the results.

RH