Help with colour fade using a Canon PIXMA

RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi
I am using Paint, Word and Photoshop to create some designs. If I print these straight away the printer works fine and the colours are all ok. If I save these designs to my documents then print them at a later date the print comes out and the colour is faded. Have changed the ink cartridges so definitely not the ink.
Any advice would be welcome as I must be missing something.

Thanks
RH

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
It's probably your printer settings, photos don't fade while their in your computer. Could be that you're using a different brand of ink or you brand reformulated.

RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi
I have been saving them as JPEGs. The brand of ink is canon and the same i have always used with this printer.

If it is the printer settings have you any idea which setting needs changing. I am not a computer whizzkid so i am struggling a little bit.

Cheers

RH

RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I saved the file as a tiff but the colour was still faded unfortunately.

RH

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Can you please upload one file, the same can be tested on another printer and we might get a direction to move on,

Rgds,

Jasii

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Well if it's canon then check to see you're selecting the appropriate paper type in the print settings, if you pick photo paper and print on plain paper it will be very light. Try making sure the paper type in the print settings are set to plain paper.

fish

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Also, check your printer settings. In Printing Preferences, make sure that the correct media type, quality (standard, not fast), and Color Intensity (auto) is selected.

RH

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
The print settings were set for plain paper,the quality to standard and color intensity to auto and yet still printed faded colours.

I am going to try to upload a file.

Thanks for the replys

RH