Help with Canon G3600 please?

Angiep

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon G3600
Hi all,
I'm in need of some help with my printer - Canon G3600. I have the 5B00 (ink absorber full) error and have managed to put it into service mode but I am stuck as to what comes next? Do I need to download something like Canon Service Tool Program to now help continue to fix the problem? I would really appreciate any advice as atm I really cannot afford a new printer.
Thank you all!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may give the WICReset utility a try which claims to support G-series printers for the reset of the waste ink counter, but there could be a caveat that it might not work anymore once the printer was put into service mode

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
An alternative could be the Canon Service Tool ver. 5103 that is sold at Ebay. I don't know if a G3600 printer belongs to the G3000 series that the service tool is claimed to support. Also see this thread and this.

But there has been no reports on the forum about the two solutions to resetting the G model printers. So @Angiep please report your results of your reset attempt.

........but there could be a caveat that it might not work anymore once the printer was put into service mode

This blocking was also mentioned in discussions about resets of the then new PGI-x50/CLI-x51 generation of printers. Do you have more info about this caveat?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm reading this and that about problems with the service mode, G-series printers, wrong version of the service software here and there but don't have more evidence and don't follow those postings systematically since I'm not a Canon user since a while.