HELP !!!: Service error 1224 Paper Feed misalignement Epson Pro 3800

luxcam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 3800 , epson 7800
Hi Luxcam,

I don't have the epson repair guide, so I cannot comment on it, but probably it is. Could you upload a picture of this page ?
Hello @pharmacist,

Is it the lever like the one in figure 2-20, but the white lever opposite of the lever below, at the other side of the Paper anti-slib tab?
Schermafbeelding 2016-05-04 om 15.28.12.png

I took a picture of the lever, bird view:

IMG_2614.jpg

here you can see the spring on the lever, but in my printer it is attached just fine , i think

On the bottom of my printer i also found a loose spring:

IMG_2635.jpg

Does this spring belong to the Auto Sheet Feeder show in the picture below?
Can this be the problem of error 1224?
Schermafbeelding 2016-05-04 om 15.28.26.png

Pharmacist , i would like to hear your opinion on this, because in my case the spring on the white lever was still attached...
Kind Regards,

Luxcam

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
That spring is essential. Actually when you can reattach that spring the problem will be gone. This spring pulls the hopper lever back when the paper is thrown out. If the hopper is not pulled back, the printer will give this error, because the sensor thinks there is still paper in the sheet feeder and tries to throw out the paper, which is not there and after trying to throw out the non existing paper the printer will say "NO" :lol:.

luxcam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 3800 , epson 7800
Can you tell me where to place the spring exactly? i cannot find the answer in the epson manual. Does it fit into the auto sheet feeder itself ? I had this ASF unit out , as a whole and could not see where to place the spring.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Luxcam,

The problem it is a bit difficult to explain. On the left side of the paper feeder there is a white crescent lever, which should bounced back when you push it down it a bit, if not, this is the problem area. You might have to disable the printer partially to gain access to this delicate area.

Hopefully the pictures below tell you how to fix this problem:

IMG_2614 copy.jpg

P1010680.jpg

Last edited:

luxcam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 3800 , epson 7800
Hello @pharmacist ,

thanks for the explanation and the photo's...I disassembled my printer and i have access to the white lever on the left.. But there is a spring attached to it and it bounces back.
And the lever was is normal position, as in your picture. When i roll the LD roller shaft ( figure 2-20 ) the lever on the left side moves with it. So there might be another cause to the given error 1224??
could this be the loose spring (See photo) belonging to figure 2-21?