Help, for purging and refilling of CLi8 & PGi5 for canon mp610

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hello, for all
thanks for your support I successed for getting bulk ink from precisionscolors and reseter my printer in Canon MP610
I have original empty cartridges but it is since 4 months so i found that the old ink is dry
so i hear that I can do purging but how? please till me how by pictures
and which is best method for refilling it? (by pictures please)
how much amount in ml ink I will put in the cartridge?
please help me because i want to print my research for master degree
thanks

Dr.Alaa

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I purged it all of them are now clear white but only the pigmented PGi5 still not cleaned and still black inspite washing it for 20 minute what can i do?
next the yellow cart i removed the cover which is over the air drain over the spoonge (only the plastic paper cover) is it important to cover it again or no need?
please i am waiting your help
thanks

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
It's almost impossible to get the pigment black ink sponges as white as the dye ink sponges. Just keep washing until no more black ink comes out.

You should leave the tape on the top of the cartridge that covers the serpentine air path because it is important to allow the cartridge to breathe as ambient air pressure fluctutes during the day without exchanging humid air inside the cartridge with dryer air outside the cartridge. Just put a piece of tape back on the one you removed. You should also make sure you don't have any water left in the air path. Blow into it while it is upside down to remove as much water as possible.

Here is a post with links to videos I made showing the German refill method.