Help for CISS and bulk ink for canon MP610

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hello guys, I have Canon MP610 and my wife love with printing more and more, so I deside to get new CISS I will buy it from internet but after searching I found many types of it and bulk ink and I dont know with is better
so I want your help to tell me
1) what type of best CISS for my printer
2) what type of Bulk Ink I will use (inktec, inkmate, MIS, Rihac....etc)
3) the websites I can get from it and easy shipping to USA

thanks for your support

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
For a Canon system I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rihac over anything else because the support is comprehensive and very knowledgeable.. If you do get one I wouldn't use any other ink except Rihac's own ink with their CIS simply because it's tried and tested plus it's simpler for Rihac to support you with a known ink rather than a 3rd party one.

That recommendation aside, I'd seriously consider going the refilling route instead of installing a CIS because Canons are notoriously difficult to keep working with CIS systems. Refilling on the other hand is relatively simple and less frustrating if things start to go wrong.

There's a lot of discussion re: refilling and Canon CIS systems/problems so I'd take a long look around but hopefully that's a useful starting point for you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
alaa945

Its plain from your request that you have limited knowledge of CISS systems. To start with Canon printers are notoriously difficult to use with CISS, yes they work well but with a lot of time and patence (a lot of time). Would you not consider just sticking with your Canon cartridges and refilling them? (Best option). Filling cartridges is a lot easier than most people think and is the most popular way to save hundreds of $. The next is good quality INK and I believe the most important of all, You wont go wrong if you try ink from mikling who is on your side of the pond, hes a regular contributor on here who will give you all the advice and equipment you need to get started (Link below). :)

http://www.precisioncolors.com

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
I was using a Canon MP610 also. I still have it. But after doing alot of research - and I mean ALOT of research - I decided to invest the money up front to buy a new printer - an Epson Artisan 710 - and then I bought the Piano Book CISS by Leonard John. The reason is, as people have said I also was told that Canon's are not as relaiable as Epson's for CISS units because they have therrmal printheads and Epson's are electronic. I had tried generic cartridges on my Canon printers in the past and had ruined at least one printer so I wasn't going to go that route again. I will probably sell my MP610 on craigslist at some point - or I may just give it away. The Artisan 710 was about $150.00 I think and then I bought the Piano Book for $129.00. I have been in printer heaven ever since. I bought one set of refill bottles and for $45.00 it is $1,000.00 worth of ink. Seriously I don't even think about ink anymore - it's a non issue. Before I was constantly worrying about which cart was going to run out next and how was I going to come up with another $15.00 to replace it. The cost of constantly replacing those cartridges was killing me. With the Artisan 710 and the Piano Book CISS I do not worry about running out at all even though there are six individual ink tanks. The install was easy - the support has been excellent - and I really have no complaints at all. Even though your up front cost would be a little higher I think it would be a reasonable route for you to consider. Good luck!!
A

sllowmail

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
As far as possible, do not use the CISS. Unless u r very experience. U will get frustrated if problems arise. I'll recommend refilling and resetting the cartridges. This works better.
I used an IP4200 printer using the same type of cartridges. It really worked.

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks guys for helping me now i will try to use precisioncolors inks but there is problem writen in thier site that it is currently closed until June 9th 2010 are they still closed?? second thing is if i refill my cartridges is there a method for reset it by the printer itself or i should by a rester?

alaa945

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
alaa945
I waiting your help
This CISS system is a bit over priced much more than the normal CISS generally sold on the market, but it does looks to be a very good one and good luck to you installing it without any problems.
The video on their site shows only the HP printer which has static cartridges; however youre going to be installing it on a Canon. Take another look at the threads above #2 + #4, because unless you intend to print reams of paper a day you wont really need a CISS.
I hate to throw a spanner in the works for you and repeat myself, but refilling your OEM cartridges are a better option. You could even have two or three sets filled and ready for use later, like most people do. :) O' You didnt say where youre at.. :|