Has anyone tried this kit?

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Good for you, Stratman. :D

By the way, I haven't tried injecting through the filter, but I would worry a little about the needle dislodging or deforming it away from the print head. It MUST make good contact with the print head.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Interesting video but you will note the operator did not completely fill the cart. I suspect he ran out of vacuum.

Also very time consuming I reckon I could have filled 3 carts by the German Method in that time really full as well.

I like others worry about damage to the output filter and displacing it. One good choice for a sharp needle. and should have reset cart before refilling. I assume could be useful for opaque carts you would see from the syringe exactly how much you had inserted.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
As Thrilla and Barfl2 have mentioned, I also wonder about the effects of creating such high negative forces with the vacuum on the sponge materials. The central sponge in the CLI-8 cartridge, and the cartridge itself, is obviously robust enough to compensate for the deformation caused in the Durchstich refilling method, but is their more pernicious damage done from repeated vacuum pressures over time?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
stratman said:
As Thrilla and Barfl2 have mentioned, I also wonder about the effects of creating such high negative forces with the vacuum on the sponge materials. The central sponge in the CLI-8 cartridge, and the cartridge itself, is obviously robust enough to compensate for the deformation caused in the Durchstich refilling method, but is their more pernicious damage done from repeated vacuum pressures over time?
The reason it took so long to fill the cartridge is because he was using a small gauge sharp needle.
It could be that he was also aware of potential damage to the outlet sponge and was airing on the side of caution.

This method like all of the others will just have to be tested to see if there is any long term damage done,
I reckon that its no more damaging than the German method..

Just remember which ever method you use to stay safe and Happy Refilling..:)

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
barfl2 said:
Interesting video but you will note the operator did not completely fill the cart. I suspect he ran out of vacuum.
I think he needs to reset the syringe, i.e. empty the air from it and add more ink. If he does fill the cartridge more completely, though, then he has to be concerned with possibly getting ink in the vent structure, though. It would be interesting to know just how full the factory fills the ink chamber.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
When the cartridge is new there is only ink in the ink chamber, no air.

Oh, did you look at the date that video was posted?