Has anyone had better luck with non-Canon ink for a PRO-100?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I've had prints in direct sun light for many months and the blacks fade very little over time. If not in direct sun light then the fading would be probably years.
That’s a load of horse shite, not one of the 3rd party inks come close to OEM for longevity, and Precision Colors have always remained tight lipped about fading, because if they didn’t, they too would be caught with their trousers down..
https://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/canon-black-ink-fade-test.15442/post-134623
The above comment looks like SPAM.
It might as well be, because comments like that should be in left in the bin..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
precisioncolors submitted a dye and a pigment ink longer time ago to a rather detailed fading test by Aardenburg Imaging but apparently didn't see a reason to submit the newer signature inks anymore to support the above claims to deliver the 'best', and I'm not aware of any other test e.g. by a forum member

john kelsey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP OfficeJet 7612

I've accumulated a few PRO-100 printers over the last month and wanted to sell one with a brand new ink set included. I purchased a set of unbranded ink carts and while the cartridges were read completely fine printers, the ink inside clogs up the printhead on the first picture printed. This was a 13x19" black and white print that by the end of it, faded and clogged. Leaving the next attempt even worse. I was able to salvage a very old and used genuine Canon black ink cartridge hoping to verify it is in fact the new unbranded ink cartridges. After a thorough flush of BK,GY, LGY, the Canon ink even as old as it was, completely outperformed a brand new unbranded cart. Has anyone had decent luck using non Canon brand ink?

The application can be used to clean up the noise in such photos. It works out fairly well.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The application can be used to clean up the noise in such photos. It works out fairly well.
The O/P was looking for help with ink selection, not Feckin Spam like yours, you have manulaped his post for your own selfish reasons, so do us all a favour and take you rubbish elsewhere..:mad: