has anyone dealed with inkprocess recently? He stole my 4,500 dollars

milehighcartridges

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Has anyone here called or talked to Inkprocess or Mick Carlotta recently? I ordered a Microprocess machine and he kept promising it would ship next week, then more weeks went by and still nothing. Now, he won't even answer his calls or emails. Its been two months already.

This is their website: http://www.inkprocessusa.com/index.html

watch out!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Less than a month ago, I got an email from him offering $1000s off of classes and machines. It referenced this link:

http://www.inkprocessusa.com/offer/offer1.html

Unfortunately, it appears his performance hasn't improved in the last six months:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=9059#p9059

Very sad that he would be trying to continue to get new customers when he can't fulfill his commitments to existing ones. I'd sure like to know if anyone ever gets what was promised and paid for or if anyone just gave up and took a loss.

Bertz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am also having touble with my order with Inkprocess. I was expecting my unit last August but was conviently place on hold because the pump supply rating is not fit in my country. Its been months already and what I heard from them was a death from a family member and a memo from inkprocess to ship out all the pending orders by Nov13.

To date, I have not heard from them at all; tried calling but all I get is an answering machine. My last email from Mick Carlotta was back in September and cannot be contacted since. Have they moved somewhere ? Is there a new management that took over ? How can I get in touch ?

Is there anybody who can assist me on this... thanks

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I was curious about your situation so I went to www.inkprocessusa.com and on the home page under a title NEWS this is what they said:

"Inkprocess is closed due to facility moving, restructuring and reorganization. Mick Carlotta will continue to be unavailable indefinitely. We are confident that new management combined with Inkprocess reorganization will yield a superior and more attentive remanufacturing force. Check back for updates."

The page also says "For sales or technical questions contact info@inkprocessusa.com"

They are obviously somewhat messed up as they still have "specials" on the website that supposedly ended back in May. They also still link you to special messages from Carlotta.

So some changes are definitely up. Don't yield. If you have sent money, keep after them. Try to find out an actual business address.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
The Whois on that domain is as follows:

Registrant:

michael carlotta

4550 Oakhurst Lane

Alpharetta, Georgia 30004

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: INKPROCESSUSA.COM

Created on: 23-Mar-05

Expires on: 23-Mar-09

Last Updated on: 31-Oct-07

Administrative Contact:

carlotta, michael misc1998@adelphia.net

4550 Oakhurst Lane

United States

770-888-5487

Technical Contact:

carlotta, michael misc1998@adelphia.net

4550 Oakhurst Lane

United States

770-888-5487

Domain servers in listed order:

NS01.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

NS02.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Worth noting that if this Mike Carlotta character is out then he still owns the domain name so it could get yanked at any time...

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Just three days ago, I got the following email from inkprocess, so I guess he is still not opposed to taking more people's money. BTW, the links don't work:

Hi subscriber,

Inkprocess is in the process of relocating and reorganizing. We
apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our customers or
future customers. In this light, we are offering very special
machine pricing. Email us at info@inkprocessusa.com for more info
and special pricing on new machines.

For even more savings, Inkprocess has a few refurbished filling
machines that are ready to go. These machines have all new functional
components and are in like new shape. The machines come with the
standard 5 year parts / labor warranty. If interested in this
special, respond by email only to info@inkprocessusa.com.

The following is a list of refurbished machines.

refurbished MicroKiosk - $2900 (visit the following link for
more info: http://getresponse.com/t/9679255/558357/160245323/

refurbished inKiosk3200 - $3900 (visit the following link
for more info: http://getresponse.com/t/9679255/558357/160245323/

If interested in a refurbished machine, you must hurry - they
won't last long. Contact us at info@inkprocessusa.com for more info.

Best regards,

InkprocessUSA

4550 Oakhurst Lane
Alpharetta Georgia 30004
United States
770-888-9567
--

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The Alpharetta, Georgia address is the personal address of Michael C. Carlotta. The residential phone number there is (770) 888-5487. That is of course different from the phone number given in the Ink Process email and website.

I took a satellite look at the 4550 Oakhurst Lane address and it is definitely a residential address. There must not be a manufacturing building as yet, and Michael Carlotta is still involved in some fashion in spite of the website message that he will "not be available".

The phone number, 770-888-9567, given in the email that Ghwellsjr received, is listed to Michael Carlotta at a different, but still residential, address. It is about 5 or 6 miles away from the other given address.

It is listed at:
Michael Carlotta
1592 Rock Springs Ln
Woodstock, GA 30188-3166
(770) 888-9567

This may all be O.K. Garage businesses don't have to be bad just because of the garage, but this is a bit murky.

gotinkd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am not glad to hear you have had such issues with Inkprocess, but I am relieved to know that I am not the only one having problems with them.
I have owned a Microkiosk machine for nearly 4 years now and it worked fairly well for 3 years. We had lots of issues with clogging valves and failed switches which Mick claimed were caused by using OCP ink. We were purchasing new valves and switches and they were costly ($30.00+ a piece)
In August he offered an "upgrade" which really was a downgrade. But, since I didn't know it was a downgrade I purchased the "modification for another $800. plus shipping it cost me about $1000.00 when all was said and done.
They had my machine for a month and when I received it, what I found was they replaced all the valves with nothing more than tubing and a few other contraptions I don't know what to call them.
The machine did not perform as expected and after going throough several emails and days of figuring it out, it was discovered a pinch valve was leaking. So, it went back to Inkprocess. They had it a month and a half this time. They would not answer the phone and emails were answered about every 3-5 days.
I finally received the machine back and it had no vacuum pressure. Upon inspection, I discovered the connection from the filling plate was broken off. Again emails to Darren at Inkprocess because they don't answer the phone or return messages. I threatened to expose Mick for the horrible business person he is and that I would also right an article to Recharger magazine about my experience with this company.
He said he would work me through a fix for the short term and then send me a new replacement machine. This was the end of November. I agreed to accept the replacement machine and return this one upon receipt of the replacement. I have yet to receive the machine or any communication from him. I have sent several emails asking for an anticipated date for the machine to arrive and a tracking number. Nada!
I suggest if enough of us get together we file a class action lawsuit against Inkprocess. I am giving Darren another week to respond to me. In the meantime, I am composing my article to Recharger and hoping they will publish it and expose his companies bad practices.
I am out a lot of money not only in equipment costs but added labor and time dealing with this entire issue.
If someone does initiate a class action, please contact me. I have quite a bit of documentation to back my claim that they have ripped me off as well.
Best of luck to everyone trying to get a resolution with this company and keep spreading the word that this is not a company to be trusted in business.

gotinkd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
By the way, there is a new address:
Inkprocess
4920 Highway 9, #137
Alpharetta, GA 30004

And, here is the information Darren sent me about the company "Reorganization":
Inkprocess Update:

This memo discusses Inkprocess Reorganization, Equipment / Machines on Order, Technical Support and Warranty Repair.

Inkprocess Reorganization

Inkprocess is closed due to facility moving, restructuring and reorganization. Mick Carlotta will continue to be unavailable indefinitely. We are confident that new management combined with Inkprocess reorganization will yield a superior and more attentive remanufacturing force.

Equipment / Machines on Order
For customers that have equipment or machines on order, your order will be completed and filled as soon as possible. We expect all pending orders will be completed by November 13th, 2007 - however, 50 Hz pumps that have been backordered are out of our control. We will do everything that we can to expedite and complete your order.

Technical Support
Technical support during this period of transition will be via email: info@inkprocessusa.com.. If you have a technical question please send an email describing the problem in detail and someone will address it as soon as possible. Only technical questions will be answered.

Warranty Repair
If you need to return a machine for warranty repair, you must have a return number. This can be obtained by following the information at the following link: http://www.inkprocessusa.com/return.html Machines that do not have a return number or packages sent that have not followed our return guidelines will be rejected.

We apologize for any inconvenience that our reorganization has caused. Check our website (http://www.inkprocessusa.com/) for any up to date news. Remember to refresh your page, so that you do not see a cached version of our website.

Best regards,

Inkprocess USA

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I could be wrong, but this sounds more like a criminal case than a civil case.