Hard to get Pro 300 Cartridges

keechoon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
What country did you buy your Pro 300 in?

There isn't a Region code for the cartridge chips? Or no Region code at all for the PFI-300?
The printer is bought in Singapore too.

Yes B&H is the cheapest , shipping is reasonable at around US$30 or there about. If there ain't any code then it is the best option to go for.

keechoon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
By the way, I was about to update to the latest IJ Printer Assistant Tool when I notice that the installer asked to select the region that you are in. Does this have any impact on the region code?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Does this have any impact on the region code?
NO. You cannot change, avoid, trick or erase the Region code of your printer so that it can accept a cartridge's chip from a different Region.

That said, maybe there is no Region code on the PFI-300 and a cartridge bought anywhere in the world would work. I would be cautious about buying cartridges from the USA for a printer sold in Singapore until you have either had success or get corroboration on this subject.

Known or postulated workarounds:

1) Disable ink level monitoring. You would need all working (and recognized cartridges to do this. Then you could use a different Region cartridge. But then you would have no ink level monitoring and run the risk of burning out nozzles if the print head runs out of ink while printing. After disabling ink level monitoring you could refill the OEM cartridges. Why you would buy such an expensive printer and use aftermarket inks is a personal choice and carries a risk in itself if using poor quality inks.

2) There is no chip resetter for the Pro 300. If there were then it may be possible to reset a different Region's chip's to the resetter's Region. This has reportedly been done - many years ago - after multiple tries.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
) Disable ink level monitoring. You would need all working (and recognized cartridges to do this.
That is correct.. BUT..
Then you could use a different Region cartridge. But then you would have no ink level monitoring and run the risk of burning out nozzles
Different region cartridge chips won’t work in a printer from another region, therefore the disabling the ink monitoring trick wont work..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
AFAIK there're no region codes for Canon PFI cartridges, whatever model, but I'won't be too surprised if proved wrong.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Based on logic, a printer can’t disable a cart that it cant recognise..
On the lash last night, were you? 🤪

The question was about you agreeing PFI cartridge chips are not regionally coded.