Green cast on 4th refill CLI-521 on iP4700

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I also sell IS inks and it is because of the situation you face that forced me to correct it myself with my own self initiative. The provided profiles by me will simply not work on the Cli-8 colors as the colors are a good bit different when it comes to photos and greys. I never bothered to create profiles with the CLI-8 combo because the intention was to get a decent color match with the simplest settings for the average user with the standard file print instructions.

Try it and see for yourself, it won't work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?77pods8w90a7r10

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
I also sell IS inks and it is because of the situation you face that forced me to correct it myself with my own self initiative. The provided profiles by me will simply not work on the Cli-8 colors as the colors are a good bit different when it comes to photos and greys. I never bothered to create profiles with the CLI-8 combo because the intention was to get a decent color match with the simplest settings for the average user with the standard file print instructions.

Try it and see for yourself, it won't work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?77pods8w90a7r10
Thank you! I'll give it a shot ;)

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You were right! It didn't work BUT i found a way to eliminate the greenish tint!
In photoshop go to "Image" > "Adjustments" > "selective color" > pick the "neutrals" from the menu and riduce cyan and yellow as so

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The green tint is gone! :)

sbrads

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
iP4700
Big_Al said:
sbrads said:
mrelmo said:
a nozzzle check is the first action to take when a questionable print is made, the results are invaluable
I do a nozzle check every week or two, and haven't seen any difference compared to prints I made with the OEM ink when the iP4700 was brand new. This isn't to say there aren't differences, it's just not a good test for colour shifts, it's only meant for seeing if there's any blocked jets. Greyscales tell the real story. I use a page of grey squares with RGB values from 0,0,0 to 245,245,245 in steps of 5. Viewed under daylight, with a real greyscale poster for comparison next to it, I can tell if there's any colour balance shifts quite easily.
Hi,
Is it possible to give a link to the page of grey squares with RGB values from 0 0 0 to 245 245 245? I would like to use something like that in my printing.
Al
It's a file I've had for years, no idea where I got it from. I'll show it here, it's got a few jpg artefacts but that shouldn't matter. Oh, and it's 0,0,0 to 255,255,255 (but that's white so there's no ink used!)
Greyscale24bit.jpg

sbrads

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
iP4700
mikling said:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y20/mikord/PC221Comparison-1.jpg

Is your shift similar to the picture on the far right?
Yes, much the same as that picture, at least it was just after refilling. It's perfect at the moment though with +9 magenta. This seems to be the best fix, profiling won't help if the colours change 2 weeks after refilling. For now, I'll just do a greyscale test print just before a print run - I think I can guess the magenta adjustment needed now as soon as I've seen the test print.