Greed has reached a new limit, thanks to Lexmark....

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Now everybody is going "Canon", like HP's latest 364/364XL cartridges looking like two drops of water compared to the Canon's desgin. But Lexmark is doing the same.... But its greed has prevailed and are now using RFID based chips to encrypt the cartridges and they cannot be refilled and the most stupid fact is that opening the printer box you have signed an agreement with Lexmark you will and must send the cartridges back to Lexmark. My goodness: should we not punish Lexmark for this ? Besides Lexmark is known for its very bad picture quality and there is no photo black included with the cartridges, only text black.

Look at the pictures: both HP's and Lexmark's cartridges look identical to good old Canon's desgin.

http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=2675&seite=5&t=die_tintenpatronen

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
......they cannot be refilled and the most stupid fact is that opening the printer box you have signed an agreement with Lexmark you will and must send the cartridges back to Lexmark........
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel.php?ID=2675&seite=5&t=die_tintenpatronen
In the UK, Lexmark could not get away with it. You cannot be bound by the terms of a contract that you knew nothing about when you made the purchase.

If I had bought the printer, it would go straight back to the shop for an immediate refund, followed by a complaint to the Trading Standards authority.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
As with all things it will require a legal test case to determine whether they can be forced to recant and repent or just let it fly..

My bet is that Lexmark will simply kill their sales dead... What worries me more is what the other manufacturers will learn from watching what happens and how they will then impliment it in their own "suck the customers dry" approach for 2010+

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
You wanna see ripoff take a look at HP's thimble size, no kidding or exaggeration here you need to see these in real life, HP02 cartridge. They are literally thimblefuls of the, now new liquid gold, printer ink.

johnwarfin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I was part of the class action suit against HP many years ago. They towed the line for a while but when conservatives took over government went back to their old tricks. Kinda like with Microshaft getting pardoned and fines waived.

Funny that a guy got all bent out of shape when I suggested in a post couple weeks ago that printer mfg were out to screw people. :rolleyes:

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Next time I buy a lexmark (never) I tell the sales person to open the box :)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
those who have checked the druckerchannel.de may already have noticed the more than inferior printing quality of the Lexmark printers and the incredibly bad fade resistance (they tested it by shining the pictures with a stronge Xenon lamp for 72 hours), making it an utterly bad and greedy brand. The HP with the 364 cartridges rules supreme in print quality and fade resistance and you are allowed to refill the cartridges and besides it is possible, however with disabled ink monitor. The Lexmark won't even allow you to refill and just stops printing, that's it and bye bye !!!