Got new CANON print head, but still have error code!!!

AdkGal

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My Canon Pixma iP4000 printer was limping along for a long time and only printing decently after two or three deep cleanings. I got over zealous and tried cleaning the print head out of the unit. That's when things got worse and I got a print head error code (5 amber blinks) I knew it was time to give in and ordered a new print head from inkcessories. I just installed the new print head and now I'm getting the print head error code again. I have reinstalled the print head, unplugged the power and the USB cable, and am still getting the same error code. How do I clear this so I'm up and printing again?

I LOVE this printer and totally refuse to give up on it... besides, after spending almost $50 on this print head, I can't afford to give up on it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
Jackie

AdkGal

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone know how to reset the error codes on this Canon Pixma iP4000????

Anyone?

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
According to the service manual......led blinking orange 5 times means: The print head is not installed, or it is not properly installed (EEPROM data of the print head is faulty).

Solution in service manual is: Install the print head properly, and close the access cover. Or, with the print head installed, turn the printer off and on.

Is the printer exhibiting any other symptoms, besides 5 amber flashes?