Good priced PLA..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
20.79 euro for 1Kg spools ?. I'll pass, thank you. Right now, eSun/Sunlu/Geetech brands cost the same or even less at Amazon, with the bonus of a fast return/reimbursement if you're not happy, which is not always the case purchasing at Ali-Express.
Besides, I'm done playing Chinese lottery with filament, be it Creality, Esun, Sunlu or whatever. One never knows if they'll send a spool perfectly winded free of knots or a total mess, or if the color will be the same shade or warmer/colder.

Last edited:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've been getting ads like crazy on Facebook for 10 schools at $100 free shipping.

Then I started getting this ad:
Screenshot_20210719-145553.png

That's pretty crazy cheap, especially with free shipping! So, I gave in and got them.

Then the next week I saw ads from there sister company for 10 rolls for $79 free shipping!

I haven't done a lot of printing with it yet, but it seems okay so far.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Just got the ad again!

Crazy price if half decent.

Reviews seem all over the map
Screenshot_20210719-165337.png

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
20.79 euro for 1Kg spools ?. I'll pass, thank you. Right now, eSun/Sunlu/Geetech brands cost the same or even less at Amazon, with the bonus of a fast return/reimbursement if you're not happy,
At €20 a roll, I found that pretty cheap, and any filament I’ve gotten from Creality have all been perfect, but your opinion is what counts with you, the cheapest I can get filament in the EU is €24 plus €3 delivery, not that the UK is on the naughty list..
One never knows if they'll send a spool perfectly winded free of knots or a total mess,
The only roll I ever had a problem with was REAL brand from Holland, all knotted and broken in several places, they sent me a replacement and apologised for the inconvenience.. And me with 10 hours wasted..
That's pretty crazy cheap, especially with free shipping! So, I gave in and got them.
Nifty be careful with these great offers, because when I bought one roll everything was ok, but when I increased that to 5 rolls, they screwed me and I got nothing.. but I’m still chasing the Hoors, €55 down the dumps..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I see that, concerning filament, mileage varies a lot. :)

My short experience with Chinese brands has been, until now, a wild guess
- eSun: two spools ordered within a month. First one very good, Second one a mess, the color totally different from the first and thickness wasn't at all within 0.03mm. of tolerance, as advertised.
- Sunlu: like eSun, one good, the other not so.much,
- Geeetch : only one spool ordered and very good.
REAL brands:
Polymaker: one PETg spool. Good stuff but nasty knots in the spool.
Czech made filament (Fillamentum and, Prusa) : both perfect in every aspect, so far.

Prices at Amazon.es range from 20 to 23 euro per 1Kg of most brands of Chinese PLA. Free shipping.
If you purchase directly at Prusa, they charge from 23,7 to 28 euro for one spool of Prusament PLA. Shipping is not free, of course. Say 10 euros for 5 spools. which is very reasonable. Total cost at Prusa per spool as average is 26 euro. Amazon.es, is 4 or 5 euro cheaper but peace of mind is worth that extra cost IMHO. Nothing more frustrating than starting a large print, go to sleep. wake up in the morning, and go take a look, only to find the spool entangled and the print ruined.

Latest posts