GI-26 Ink for Maxify printers (GI-56 in Europe)

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
So, ink from Canon PFI carts expired 10 or more years ago still work fine on Pro10/9500 printers and that octopus stuff starts to clog in 2 or 3 years.
I guess that Canon Lucia inks contain the secret of ethernal youth in their composition. :D

Several weeks ago I purchased a bottle of magenta GI-56 but it's still unopened. My C-M-Y Maxify inks last a long, long time. In fact, the cyan cart. keeps reporting 'unknown ink level'. It's been this way for maybe a couple of months.
On purpose, I printed a good number of pages with a lot of cyan and blue colors, expecting to see an error triggered when the cyan inks gets finished, but "no luck"' for the time being.

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
So, ink from Canon PFI carts expired 10 or more years ago still work fine on Pro10/9500 printers and that octopus stuff starts to clog in 2 or 3 years.
I guess that Canon Lucia inks contain the secret of ethernal youth in their composition. :D

Several weeks ago I purchased a bottle of magenta GI-56 but it's still unopened. My C-M-Y Maxify inks last a long, long time. In fact, the cyan cart. keeps reporting 'unknown ink level'. It's been this way for maybe a couple of months.
On purpose, I printed a good number of pages with a lot of cyan and blue colors, expecting to see an error triggered when the cyan inks gets finished, but "no luck"' for the time being.
I have no idea why the octopus.de inks started to cause problems, anyway it went away with other inks.
2500 C-M-Y Maxify carts are empty at 47g, no biblical multiplication of ink here.
I refill now again the official way when the chip shows empty (about every 2 months with my volume).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have no idea why the octopus.de inks started to cause problems
My Maxify works great on the OEM inks, but if I leave it a week or so between prints, I still have to run a clean cycle to be sure all the inks are working..