Generic Faq & Troubleshooting

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi All,

It would be nice if we all get together on this thread and document various stages in a laser toner refill. A faq on numerous problems on account of specific component wear out/failure would be of great help.

Rgds,

Jasii

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I use/worked on the following HP Laser printers
LJ 2100
LJ 4100
LJ 1007
LJ 5100 A3
canon LBP 2900
LJ 1010

Can others also come forward and document the printers that they own/use
We could than pick up the most common printers in use and take up refilling procedures/problem solving from there

Rgds,

Jasii

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread.

I have worked on the following laser printers:
HP LaserJet 5L
- fixed feeding multiple pages problem
- refilled C3906A toner without using a hole tool Update 1: Link added
HP LaserJet 6P
- replaced fuser sleeve
Samsung ML-1430
- fixed paper feeding problem

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Solution should not be posted in this thread. We should have a link from here to another thread which discuss the solution and fixes. If we all do it this way, this thread will be clean and manageable.

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Embguy do me a favour and create the link,this is going to be one long interesting thread and I am sure with the enthusiastic support of everybody will be immensely beneficial to a lot of people out there.

Re. refilling toners without drilling a hole as asked for, in many of the diy kits would make very interesting reading as this is the right way to refill a laser toner without adding physical cuts in its anatomy.

Rgds,

Jasii

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Jassiboss,

About 2 years ago I joined this marvellous forum and gradually I learned from the knowledge from many skilled refillers and smart people and I did experience alot and gradually I did gain many refill skills and learn how to avoid the crulpits of refilling cartridges. I would appreciate if you could be a bit more reserved in asking questions and demanding requests to other forum members, to be frank.

I do not think everybody has the time to answer questions and demands instantly and maybe none of us knows the right answer on your question. I did put several questions on this forum, which eventually were not answered satisfactory, but so be it...

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Pharmacist my dear Friend,

Sure appreciate your reply, I am a staunch believer that :-
The learning curve should never stop.
Knoweldge increases when you share and tips sent by experienced people like you would surely benefit all of us.
The very idea is to coerce more learned people like yourself to help mere mortals like myself.
Embguy had this suggestion of creating this seperate link and as I did not know how to do it I requested him. I am sure he does not mind else I openly apologise.

Rgds,

Jasii

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Link added in post #3 on how to refill HP C3906A cartridge without making a hole using a hole tool.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
There definitely is a wealth of information on this forum from a plethora of sources. While we have some great search features it definitely can be daunting to find the information in an efficient manner. For example, I can think of a handful of amazing old threads that cover some really good steps for troubleshooting print problems... unfortunately many of those threads are buried.

The best case would be to find a way to gather the most helpful threads and comments into a type of "index" of information or an FAQ. This would allow newbies and masters alike to find some of the most helpful information quickly and easily.

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Rob,
This is the reason why I want this thread as an index of all the laser printer related topic. The laser printer related issues are not discussed in this thread. Each issue has an brief description entry on this thread and has a link to another thread that discuss the issue and hoping find a solution for the problem. This thread will be index for forum member to search for laser related issues.