G&G Carts OKAY- and actually still the best color aftermarket

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just wanted to make sure people are aware of the fact that G&G fixed the leaky cart issue.

I think this is VERY important for eveyone to know, primarily because my recent aftermarket ink cartridge tests showed that the G&G ink is clearly superior in terms of overall use and color accuracy compared to the other inks I tested.
Please see
http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html

I will be testing Arrow, My Ink, and MMC carts this next week as well and posting the results on my site, but preliminary tests on Arrow, still showed the G&G color profiles to be the best outside bulk inks and Canon.

Thanks
Neil

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Neilslade, on your website you mention buying G&G cartridges from Inkgrabber.

When I go to their site, I can find no information that assures me that they are selling G&G cartridges.
They just identify cartridges as related to my printer. How would I know that I am getting the cartridges that you have recommended?

I have a Pixma iP4200.

Thanks, canonforever

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
canonforever said:
Neilslade, on your website you mention buying G&G cartridges from Inkgrabber.

When I go to their site, I can find no information that assures me that they are selling G&G cartridges.
They just identify cartridges as related to my printer. How would I know that I am getting the cartridges that you have recommended?

I have a Pixma iP4200.

Thanks, canonforever
I just got a set of 12 cartridges for my pixma 6600d from abcink.com they are G&G.I agree with Neilslade they are a great product. I paid $2.49 per cartridge huge difference from $14.25 @ staples yes you will have to transfer the chip from u old cartridges but is worth it.

http://www.abcink.com/canon-pixma-ip4200-printer-inkjet-cartridges.html

mitchb2

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi...I'm new here. Printing out lots of Halloween party invites, and finally sick of paying $12 per cartridge for my Canon i560!

I have the same question...I'd like to purchase some carts from Inkgrabber, but can't find any indication that they sell the G&G brand that you give such high recommendations.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I would advice that you steer clear from non-original cartridges. Buy some ink from a reputable vendor, read carefully this forum and refill your own cartridges.

Search for those posts especially:

The screw & o-ring sealing method
The windex printhead cleaning method
The cartridge cleaning/purging method

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Good solid advice from Panos,

the trouble is you need to learn and the OEM cartridges are a bit expensive to learn on. But if you go straight to nylon screws and O rings and some sort of occluder for the exit port and good ink , You're well on the way. Formulabs seems to be favorite bulk ink.

If you want to re use your sponge cartridge than Grandad's purging technique is unique.

You also need to understand your printhead and how to treat it gently.

Buy some windex, gloves and lots of tissues

Steer clear of spongeless cartridges. The chinese manufacturers have flooded the market with these and haven't heard of anyone who has managed to use these successfully. Ask Panos

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Excellent advice from Panos and Ocular - Be sure that the Windex you buy is the old original formula with ammonia and not the newer dripless ones. I would add that I have refilled MIS virgin carts and hobbicolors carts and had no problems with them. The best ones, however, are still the OEM carts. As Panos suggested, they can be rejuvinated after several refills with Grandad35's purging technique. In addition to the excellent reviews here on Formulabs inks (from Alotofthings) I've used MIS and Computer Friends inks and liked them a lot and several people are very happy with Hobbicolors inks as well.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The advice from panos and ocular coincides with mine regarding Epson cartridges as well. The extra from the Epson is that the original cartridge is a spongeless design and it works wondefully.
Yes, the OEM cartridges are expensive and they are overcharging for them but they can put in the extra expenses for better materials and QUALITY control that too many of the compatibles simply lack. Plus they are properly engineered/designed unlike many of the compatibles which so many users have found to be only satisfactory.
What is seldom mentioned is that it is also more economical and better for our environment to refill the original tank. With the Canon cartridges, it is so simple and nearly foolproof that one should feel guilty about excessive waste if one belongs to this forum. The epson requires a little more effort but the reward is unlimited refills and never requires the occasional cleaning/rejuvenation like the canon tanks.