G&G carts for Canon!!!

Fish Chris

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
But hey Neil, one more question / concern;
Will these leaking ink carts cause > The DREADED "Ink Waste Tank Almost Full" Problem--- < a whole bunch sooner ???

Of course I know you have a solution for this problem, but will I be needing to deal with this issue shortly ? All that wasted, leaking ink has to be going somewhere, huh ?

Thanks,
Fish

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No, because the waste tank full message is a function of how many prints and cleaning cycles you run, and does not actually reflect how much waste ink is in the pad.

BY THE WAY I FIGURED OUT EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS

Go here and see
http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/badink.html

Mindblaster

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
It looks like G&G carts with the Use Before date of 09/2008 and 10/2008 are the problem carts. I have checked the ink outlet hole and used ones with a date of 07/2008 and 08/2008 with no problems. I emailed Inkgrabber.com about replacing the ones with 09/2008 and 10/2008, they shipped me replacements and they did not ask me to ship the bad ones back. The replacements are all dates 11/2008 and the ink outlet hole is centered.

I started using inkgrabber after reading Neil's ink shoot out page and I have been very happy with them. This is the first problem I have had with their carts; but they was quick with a response to my email and sending replacement, so I will continue buying from them for the time being.

MindBlaster

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

Doug

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Neil,

I just received a five pack of G&G (Black) BCI-eBK from 4inkjets. They have a black label on them. Any problems with these that you know of?

Thanks

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No problems reported with black label carts--

and after snooping around a bit-- almost no one had the leaky cart problem I was having-- so its kind of a mystery.

My neighbor goes through tons of G&G carts, and he didn't get a bad one-- so I think it was related to the age of the printer in combination with some carts--

I get THOUSANDS of people to my web site and this forum-- only 3 people wrote to me concerning this issue

So, I wouldn't even give it a second thought at this point.

Soja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Since G&G is so good, do you have to have a different printer profile for this ink? I mean besides the ones (Canon) Grampa has allready supplied us with??

Soja

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
There is really no such a brand of ink. G&G is a cartridge manufacturer in Southern China. They don't make ink. They may resell ink made by others. Ink manufacturers on the other hand resell G&G cartridges. This is typical how Chinese companies do business.

neilslade

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thats fine-- in theory

but the fact is, out of 11 brands of inks I tested -

every single one of them had different characteristics.

There may be several companties that share the same ink formula from the same "ink manufacturer",
but thus far, I haven't found two that have.

MIS and Colorbat, and perhaps Computerfriends bulk inks look similar enough-- but that's about it.

Every one of the inexpensive ink cart brands I tested looked different in many ways. I tested and retested- they ain't the same.

See my proof here

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html