G&G cartridge problem

lewisham_phil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am having problems with a number of G&G carts on my i9950. There is a capillary feed to the sponge from the reservoir, which zig-zags up and down the side before entering the sponge above the outlet, at about the half way level, unlike the OE carts which seem to have a direct feed from the reservoir to the sponge at the base of the cart.
The problem is that the ink stops as soon as the ink level goes below this sponge-entry port, and no amount of cleaning or deep cleaning can get it going again. Blowing through manually has a measure of success, but the carts invariably fail again, with air in the capillary and no ink flow.
Can anyone explain the workings of these carts, and why they are different to the OE carts? Is it an air leak problem, causing the break in the capillary suction?
Any help appreciated, before I send these back to the suppliers!

lewisham_phil

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Smile, I have already on order a Hobbicolors set of inks from the states; I have had it with aftermarket carts! However, I am interested to know what the problem is with these, and whether I can get my money back!