Funny thing about my trip to buy ink cartridges for my pro100

zing

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma pro 100 pixma, pm610
My order for OEM ink was "misplaced" for 6 days by the shipping company so I decided to go to a local electronic outlet and just buy it locally.

I didn't even put my glasses on when we figured out there were only six and not 8 of the canon cli-42 cartridges I needed.

I didn't bother because I wanted to get in "synch" with the ink cartridges and change all 8 when the first signal of a low cartridge happened. I decided on precision ink and got their kit and had it on hand.

It's a great strategy and it appealed to my frugal nature right away when it was explained to me.

At any rate I wanted cartridges on hand to put right in the printer and struck out. We got back home and my son was visiting and when asked what he was up to he was on craigslist looking for something. We decided to type in pro100 and it brought up a guy about ten minutes away that had gotten a pro100 with 13 x 19 paper and ink as part of a camera deal from canon. They removed the proof of purchase from the box the rest was unopened and un touched

It would have cost me 138.00 and tax to buy the ink from the retailer but I actually ended up with the ink plus 50 sheets of 13 x 19 canon pro luster paper and another pro 100 printer for $15.00 less than I would have paid for the ink alone.

I got a great deal when I bought my pro100 from a camera dealer and I'm sure this is old news to most members here but I thought there might be some new members that would appreciate finding a deal like that where they live

I made the rounds of all the big box electronic dealers and what I saw there in the $125.00 range was mostly junky looking.

I read of some people getting them for $50.00 or less but I had trouble trying to catch up on one of those deals. The going rate around Atlanta is between $125.00 and $200.00

$125.00 for a quality photo printer is crazy good.

Bill

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So Bill you have now caught the disease quite a few members on here have, you've started to accumulate printers and feel great about, there is no saving or help for you now, congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Printaholic club.. :celebrate :ya :weee:gig