Fungus in Magenta ink??

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
I have not followed this subject since it came up so I guess I need a little updating. I use Precision Colors inks and the last batch I bought was 12/8/2014 These were labeled as C221(c-m-y)D inks. The blacks were C1128P & C1109D. Ive recently had problems with my Magenta ink plugging up the printhead on my older printer which uses CLI 221 carts. I also use the same ink in my newer printer using CLI 251 carts. Im in the process of cleaning the printhead on the older printer because the magenta would not print at all.
So do I need to scrap this Magenta ink or all the inks? IF so then do I need to flush these carts and start all over with fresh ink?
Is there one thread that explains this whole situation that will help me understand what is going on with this fungus problem....

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I have not followed this subject since it came up so I guess I need a little updating. I use Precision Colors inks and the last batch I bought was 12/8/2014 These were labeled as C221(c-m-y)D inks. The blacks were C1128P & C1109D. Ive recently had problems with my Magenta ink plugging up the printhead on my older printer which uses CLI 221 carts. I also use the same ink in my newer printer using CLI 251 carts. Im in the process of cleaning the printhead on the older printer because the magenta would not print at all.
So do I need to scrap this Magenta ink or all the inks? IF so then do I need to flush these carts and start all over with fresh ink?
Is there one thread that explains this whole situation that will help me understand what is going on with this fungus problem....
@pearlhouse - best to check with Precision Colors directly regarding issues with their ink (which I also use). Mike is very helpful. You will undoubtedly get posts as well with advice from our forum participants on printhead cleaning and cart flushing, as well as any experience they may have had with the particular inks you've mentioned.