Frustrated allready with Qimage and Adobe on my i9900

Soja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Since I got my printer I have been fighting with the profiles to get decent color. I've downloaded the profile from Grampa for Costco paper and Canon ink as well as try every other driver installed with various levels of success, none very good. Everything seems to have a red or magenta cast to it, using Adobe Photoshop AND Qimage. Trial and error with adjustments gets it close but no 2 are the same. Now, the really frustrating part! Just as a test I used Canon's installed program, Easy Photo Print, and the pic came out perfect! I took a digital pic of my Wife in front of some colorful background so I could match the color by holding the pic right up to the color. To add to that I printed a digital pic someone sent me on the net. 8X10. Again, perfect.
This, of course, leads me to think, preferences and settings. Since Easy Photo Print has none! Not knowing a lot about the settings in these programs, I'm just fumbling about blindly. Does anyone have any suggestions please??
Thank you.

Soja

Soja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes, and I have tried to follow it to the letter.

Soja

JV

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Soja,

In using Grandad's printer profiles, you missed something along the way. If you could describe
in detail what you did, including pictures of your setup screens, then someone will help you.
Working with color management is difficult at first.

JV

Soja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you, JV. I'll work on getting some screen shots, I have to take my Father-in-law to the doctor first. Do you have a pic sharing website you use here or did I miss something where you can post a pic in the reply? Copy and paste didn't work.
Thanks..

Soja

Soja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok, here they are.

asignprofilePS.jpg

colorsettingsPS.jpg

converttoprofilePS.jpg

i9900properties1PS.jpg

i9900propertiesPS002.jpg

i9900propertiesPS003.jpg

printpreviewPS.jpg

Qimage_Colormanagement.jpg

Soja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey! That was easy!

As far as what I did, I just tried to follow instructions here and kind of put the data in these selections one at a time. The picture you see came out very Magenta then very Green BUT I'm not sure that is a good pic to start with, being an inside shot. Lighting issues... I'm going to get an outside shot and try again. I'm not sure how much of a difference indoor lighting makes, I just know outside light is consistant.
I found the directory where the printer profiles are supposed to be and added the ones from Grampa
I seem to understand a little bit about the data but don't know if I'm double profiling or not. As I said before, I'm just crawling out of being an 'End User'.
Thank you for looking.

Soja