Free Photo Editing Software

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I started with PE2 and moved up to PE3 when it came out. Many improvements as long as you overlook a disconcerting glitch - when cropping a photo the image can suddenly scroll away up and sometimes out of reach! PE2 and PE3 both have thumbnail browse screens that permit you to set up your own hard disk image storage scheme. I subsequently bought PE4, used it briefly, and decided that I didn't like the photo organizer side of the program. In PE4 they dropped the browse screen in favor of their photo organizer, and you are pretty much compelled to use it. Mine became corrupted soon after I started using the program and I couldn't use PE4 until I dealt with the corrupted organizer. I'm back to PE3 and very happy. There is more in this program than I will ever use. I don't know how much more I would get out of Photoshop for what I do. I spent many years doing primarily black and white photography and doing all my own darkroom work. My darkroom is presently used for storing wine and tax records - the equipment is gathering dust. I can do more in a few minutes with PE3 than it would take me hours to accomplish in the darkroom. If I were combining photography with heavy graphics needs as in advertising or publication setup I would then use photoshop.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Try PhotoImpact v12 - you will not be dissapointed :)

brook

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i also tried with your software. it is very useful to design photos.thank you.

--------
Brook

SreeVysh Corp

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Try paint.net also, free and very intuitive. Also open source with a forum that gives lots of help on using features it has.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have Paint Shop Pro PHOTO X2 which I have found very good,
better than the more basic Photoshop Elements programs but of course nothing like as advanced as the full Photoshop which is aimed at professionals and costs a lot of money.

barfl2

nhendrix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
qwertydude said:
Try paint.net also, free and very intuitive. Also open source with a forum that gives lots of help on using features it has.
I like paint.net too. For example, I used it to make a regular photo into the avatar you see here.
I simply resized the photo (previously edited in picnik.com...super also) to 100 pixels (which is the max
size allowed for avatars on this site) and tah-dah! instant avatar!

BillyJean

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hi Cambece!

I really agree with that. Photoshop is still the best.
You can do whatever you want in photoshop. it is easy to use and it has license to used.
I made a survey on that photoshop and 8 out of 10 people said that photoshop is the best software for photo editing.
They say that it is a user friendly software.

go for photoshop.

Latest posts