Free Photo Editing Software

cambece

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I don't like it, Photoshop is the best. This is too simple.

Cambece

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
I use Paint Shop Pro version 7. Nothing beats that to my own needs and even runs photoshop plugins without problems. GIMP may soon prove to be a good competitor though. It is not as fast and sleek as PSP 7, but it has more power.

Photoshop is the best for the professional. That means it has an extremely steep learning curve, not everyone has the time to follow...

cambece

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
panos said:
Photoshop is the best for the professional. That means it has an extremely steep learning curve, not everyone has the time to follow...
That's why i use it...it's so hardcore.

Cambece

Lette

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm also using Photoshop for editing. It's one of the best professional editing software. It encompases such a wide range of fields that it has become the defacto standard for many different types of design fields. Not just photowork.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Any ideas / reviews on Adobe Photoshop Elements? My brother gave me his older version (2.0) and I'm debating if I should use that or plunge into regular Photoshop.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
I haven't tried Gimp, but I've read some positive reviews. I have no firsthand knowledge of how well it works. It's available from numerous sites which can be found with a Google search.

Another great source for free software (DTP, photo editing and graphics) is http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ The current versions of Serif products are kind of pricey, but Serif offers for free the previous versions.

Ron

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
nifty-stuff.com said:
Any ideas / reviews on Adobe Photoshop Elements? My brother gave me his older version (2.0) and I'm debating if I should use that or plunge into regular Photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop Elements is great! I highly recommend it. I also have Photoshop but have hardly used it after getting into Photo Elements. A photo professional would probably disagree with me, but hey, how many of us are photo professionals? You'll save a few sheckles, too.

binkie