Free in forewver- right

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
With the cost of carts plus shipping from reputable vendors being pretty much what this firm wants for the "free" product plus $16 shipping and handling, the $99 reg fee speaks for itself - total ripoff.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
billkunert said:
Seems strange to me that none of you have commented on the $99 registration fee just for the privelege of using this overpriced service.
The BCI-8 costs I have found are from 13$ to 18$ so total 6 would cost you 78$ to 108$ If you refill it will cost you maybe 3$ to 5$ depending on the ink quality and quantity you purchased. But can never reach 0.26$ per cartrige with refill. So the 99$ fee is not overpriced I wonder how they can keep in business with such pricing system. I gues there are strings attached that I don't know about.

If anyone tried this service would be nice if you would inform us how many cartriges you were allowed to buy at once.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Smile said:
The BCI-8 costs I have found are from 13$ to 18$ so total 6 would cost you 78$ to 108$ If you refill it will cost you maybe 3$ to 5$ depending on the ink quality and quantity you purchased. But can never reach 0.26$ per cartrige with refill. So the 99$ fee is not overpriced I wonder how they can keep in business with such pricing system. I gues there are strings attached that I don't know about.

If anyone tried this service would be nice if you would inform us how many cartriges you were allowed to buy at once.
If you look through the list of Canon printers you will not see any of the newer chipped models listed there. So you won't be able to get chipped cartridge replacements as far as I can see. Refilling my unchipped Canon cartridges with Hobbicolor inks probably costs me less than $2 or so per fill.
My concern more would be how long will this company hang around. You would probably have no recourse if they go out of business within the year. It was pretty clear to me that the shipping cost covered one set of replacement cartridges. At the rate that I use PC and PM in my ip6000D I would quickly have an overstock of all the other inks. I'll stick with refilling - it works great for me.

Steve W.