Free in forewver- right

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
Saw a commercial on TV I've not seen before. It's from www.freeinkforever.com . The premise is you get free in for as long as you own your printer. All it costs is a $99 registration chargew and then $16 shipping and handling for your "free" cartridges. They don't say on the website if that's per cartridge or per shipment. It's also probable that if you own 3 printers it's gonna cost $300 to register them. A lot of people are going to see this as a good deal. They don't mention the registration fee on the TV ad.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
billkunert said:
Saw a commercial on TV I've not seen before. It's from www.freeinkforever.com . The premise is you get free in for as long as you own your printer. All it costs is a $99 registration chargew and then $16 shipping and handling for your "free" cartridges. They don't say on the website if that's per cartridge or per shipment. It's also probable that if you own 3 printers it's gonna cost $300 to register them. A lot of people are going to see this as a good deal. They don't mention the registration fee on the TV ad.
If they say "$16 shipping and handling" than it should be for your order. If you buy 1 cartrige or all 6 your printer needs it should be $16 but it is wird then I would order tons of cartriges for my printer and they would go bancrupt.

But if they lie and charge for a cartrige then it is bad deal because you can buy ink bottles and get better deal anyway.

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
Smile said:
billkunert said:
If they say "$16 shipping and handling" than it should be for your order. If you buy 1 cartrige or all 6 your printer needs it should be $16 but it is wird then I would order tons of cartriges for my printer and they would go bancrupt.

But if they lie and charge for a cartrige then it is bad deal because you can buy ink bottles and get better deal anyway.
The $16 shipping and handling isn't the big problem. It's the $99 registration fee per printer. I can buy a lot of aftermarket cartridges for $99.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
billkunert said:
Smile said:
billkunert said:

The $16 shipping and handling isn't the big problem. It's the $99 registration fee per printer. I can buy a lot of aftermarket cartridges for $99.
Yes you a right but consider that if 16$ is for an order than you can order 10 packs of 6 cartriges, or 20 packs of 6 cartriges,
better yet 100 packs of 6 cartriges your pixma needs. You get the point right, what will not allow you to buy more than you need?

Perhaps they only allow you 1 purchase per month and 1 set of cartiges for aprinter. That would explain why you need to register your printer.

For example you print photos and have 10 pixma 6700 printers that each uses 6 cartiges. All printers are the same use the same cartriges. So you register on printer for 99$ and pay 16$ to order 10 sets of cartiges that would be 60 cartriges in 1 order.

You can place onother order one you get the first shipment and then sell those cartriges on ebay or something.

So basic math is this 16$ divide by 60 cartriges means each would cost 0.26$ isn't that cheap enough for you???
I think it is cheap enough to be unprofitable to sell and such company would go bancrupt unless they have rules that they hide somewhere or its just a big SCAM and they would not send you any cartriges at all.

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
You get cartridges by returning the empties so you can't stock up.

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Have you read the bottom small letters:

"Once registered you only pay $15.95 S&H for a replacement set of cartridges for the life of your printer"

My cost for refilling one set of CLI-8 would be much cheaper.

But there is the saying: "A ....er born every minute"

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
billkunert said:
You get cartridges by returning the empties so you can't stock up.
You can just ask your friends and buy o ebay genuine empty canon cartriges, then send them those for refilling. Or prehaps they write somewhere you cant have more cartriges for your printer than you can install?

BTW I would never trus anyone to refill my cartriges, oh and it's alot of FUN :)

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Looks like a phony savings deal to me! For one example I looked on the Alotofthings site. Flat fee shipping and handling is $5. A set of carts - BCI-6 cmyk plus two BCI -3ebk carts was about $17. $22 for the set with double bci-3ebk carts delivered to your door. I haven't used prefilled aftermarket carts as I prefer to refill. I'm sure there are decent less costly carts or better deals with larger quantities out there. In addition, the more carts you would buy from this vendor in one order, the cheaper per cart cost for shipping. Sounds like the "$16 shipping and handling charge" really pays for the product as well. AND - who knows what quality the ink and carts are.

For anyone who decides to go with this deal - I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you real cheap.

billkunert

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530e
Seems strange to me that none of you have commented on the $99 registration fee just for the privelege of using this overpriced service.