Free carts for MX 900 series, just pay to ship.

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
Recently my MX922 printer stopped feeding letter-sized paper and after checking it out it appears that there is a gear broken in the paper feed mechanism. It's not worth fixing and I have replaced it with a Canon Mega tank printer. I am left with a bunch of aftermarket cartridges for the MX922 and if anyone can use them I will send them to you for the cost of postage. I have 5 Black XL, 5 standard black, 2 yellow, 1 cyan, and 3 magentas. These are all inexpensive carts that I bought off Amazon. I hate to just toss them. I am in central California so I would think overseas shipping would not make it worth it and if you're close by your are welcome to pick them up.

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
Great. What model? What's your impression so far?
The G6020, and so far so good. I had some issues with my MX922 printing small text, it was not sharp in places. The G6020 prints the same text very sharp, and the prints are good. I have a Pro 300 and o course photos are better with it, but for the $279 I paid (From B&H) for the Mega Tank, it's good. I am happy I got it.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Is the G6020 better than the MX922 at text on Plain Paper and images on Photo Paper?

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
From my little time with the G6020 it's better for text on plain paper and as far as photos are concerned I would say they are about the same. I printed a few photos with the MX922 and was impressed by what it was, but have only printed one with the G6020, so I have no true comparison. I would say it's as good as the MX922. I used Red River Satin paper for the one I printed on the G6020. I would not use the G6020 for photos because I have the high-end Pro 30o that prints superb prints.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thanks for the thoughts. Hope it's as good a workhorse as the MX922 for you!

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
Thanks, yeah I do also. It was my second MX922, it has been a good printer and I liked the fact that I could use aftermarket carts that were inexpensive. I was bummed when it went down, just wouldn't feed paper from the letter paper tray.

royphotog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-300
a little update on the G6020. I have had a little issue with paper feed from the bottom tray. When I print several copies, I find that sometimes one paper gets stuck in the feed, stick about halfway out into the pickup. From the back, the feed worked just fine. I printed a few copies of a handout with photos using color printing paper (not photo paper) , and standard printing was selected and it was very good. I was very impressed.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have had a little issue with paper feed from the bottom tray. When I print several copies, I find that sometimes one paper gets stuck in the feed, stick about halfway out into the pickup.
What paper has the problem occurred?

Try a different paper brand. Make sure it is made for inkjets and not a "universal" type paper claimed to work with laser printers as well. If it happens with that brand of paper then call Canon Technical Support for warranty coverage. A brand new printer should not have these kinds of issues and you should not have to futz around to "fix" it.