fix misplaced canon ip3600 spring

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had same error on my second IP4600, "6C10 - Condition: The valve cam sensor was faulty at power-on or when purging was attempted".
It was really hard to get access to sensor, take it out and put it back. I still do not know what was the cause, as the sensor - a simple mechanical contact - was ok. However, after that I had only once the error, related to cold weather.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PeterBJ
As dontbehzad never answered my original question.
You spring reinstallation looks good to go but why did you take it off in the first place?
I dont think the error 6c10 problem is related to the spring at all but it in fact points to the purge system..

dontbehzad

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I looked at error list of ip3600

23 times

Valve cam
sensor error
[6C10] The valve cam sensor was
faulty at power-on or when
purging was attempted.
where is Valve cam sensor?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Hat wrote:
I dont think the error 6c10 problem is related to the spring at all but it in fact points to the purge system..
I don't know, but as the purge station also locks/unlocks and caps/uncaps the printhead besides sucking ink out, I thought the spring might very well be part of the purge station.

You're right, knowing the original problem with the printer might help someone to find the solution.

So dontbehzad was the printer taken apart because of a purge problem?

When comparing the photos in post #3 and #7 with the video, it looks as if the spring is not placed the exact same way as in the video. You can pause the video and use the slider to get the still picture you want.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I don't know if the OP with the "IP3600 error 6c10" searched on Google, but it should be one of the first places any of us go for quick potential answers. Even if you have a Service Manual, Google can provide more information for "how-to-fix" than the manual.

Using the terms I put in quotes, or a variation of those terms, a number of hits with explanations and potential fixes are found such as this and this. Other links available on the search.