First Framed Pro-100

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I now have three and am planning on buying a fourth OCF and a radio wireless controller.
Looks like you discovered flash photography, the ideas on how to use it is boundless especially with a wireless transmitter. This is something I'd like to get as well this year. The optical sync and two channels provided by the Canon Rebel series was a great starting point for me. It has satisfied so far but it invites you move forward more creatively. Next winter, I am waiting for a freezing rain evening and will pack to go outside as soon as the freezing rain stops. I need trees encrusted with ice and the sky pitch black. I can visulasize what I want but the execution is going to be much much harder.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Looks like you discovered flash photography, the ideas on how to use it is boundless especially with a wireless transmitter. This is something I'd like to get as well this year. The optical sync and two channels provided by the Canon Rebel series was a great starting point for me. It has satisfied so far but it invites you move forward more creatively. Next winter, I am waiting for a freezing rain evening and will pack to go outside as soon as the freezing rain stops. I need trees encrusted with ice and the sky pitch black. I can visulasize what I want but the execution is going to be much much harder.

"Envision the end result - not the capture on your sensor."

Paraphrased from a recent workshop by Rick Sammon

rs

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
Sounds like what I went through to capture frozen bubbles. It must be -10°F and no wind. Then leave your camera equipment in a large ziplock bag for 30 minutes. Here's my Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/Craig.A.La...99636162499.1073741839.100000474115528&type=3

For lighting, I learned much of what I know by checking out Don Marr's book from the local library,
Beginner's Guide to Photographic Lighting
https://www.amazon.com/Beginners-Guide-Photographic-Lighting-Techniques/dp/1584281332

To learn how to properly light women, I learned from the best,
Monte Zucker's Portrait Photography Handbook
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/monte-zuckers-portrait-photography-handbook-monte-zucker/1100906176

I need to experiment more, but this is model Liz with just two OCFs, Canon 430EX-II and Yongnuo YN600EX-RT:
_MG_1080.1_ig.jpg

I didn't Photoshop (Ps) this, just a few adjustments in Lightroom (Lr). Isn't she naturally lovely?

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
And I realize I need my monitor calibrated. I just ordered X-Rite ColorMunki Display on @jtoolman's suggestion. I need that for posting as well as printing.