Experiencing more problems with Canon CLI-8 yellow cartridges

Servo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacist

Just got a new set of carts with another canon printer that arrived today, these carts are brand new. I will test the resetter now for you on the yellow and report back.

They all reset fine, there's only four carts in the set (510), and all reset.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Servo,

You should read very carefully: the price of 9.99 Pound Sterling is only for 1 set of CMYK CLI-8 + PGI-5BK......
And if you look very carefully: I see no difference with normal Canon chips, but I think the long black box is misleading and make you think the chip as long as the whole length of the black tray.

Servo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacist

Sorry mate, I think I'm confusing you. the carts from ink.co.uk have the longer chips on, these I have tested with the resetter, and refilled without any problems.(the inkswiss stuff they are filled with is very poor)

The ones on ebay, I believe look the same as the Oem chip. and come as a set of 5, for 9.99

When you get to my age, you do have problems explaining stuff in writing :p

The bit about the long chips was in answer to pebe question to ink .co.uk who said they do not reset. and I tried to make it clear that the chips from these copy carts would not fit the Oem's.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
OK, I presume the chips als used on the Pelikan CLI-8/PGI-5Bk compatible cartridges with allongated chips, but these chips -as you have said- can be reset as earlier mentioned by the guys on the german printer website druckerchannel.de as easy as the original chips do.

So the Pelikan with their particular designed allongated chips on the cartridges can be reset with the Redsetter.

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Servo,

When you say '...that company..' are you referring to ink.co.uk?

'The design is much larger - they run the full hieght'. The chip is at an angle. Could you explain why they won't work on OEM? I cannot visualise it.

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here's a couple of images of the chip on the carts from ink.co.uk

3527_chip1.jpg

3527_chip2.jpg

Below is a close up of the red led that is mounted on the top.

3527_chip3.jpg

And here is the chip being reset in the reDsetter, sorry about the quality of this one.

3527_reset.jpg

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Martop,

They look the same as the ones produced by Pelikan. Maybe those carts are produces by one OEM-manufacturer and Pelikan is putting its brand on it.