ET 7750 Print issue. Horrible noise and hitting paper with head

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
eems to be depending of the A4 format, therefore only happening on the outer areas (A4 portrait mode).
Most likely the A4 format is not flat and has curled edges, try de-curling the edges in the opposite direction and that should cure the problem..
Tip:- Increase the Platen gap..

Deezy11

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Most likely the A4 format is not flat and has curled edges, try de-curling the edges in the opposite direction and that should cure the problem..
Tip:- Increase the Platen gap..
Paper looks pretty flat & okayish to my eye.
The tip with the platen gap is great. I wasn't aware, that there is a separate setting on the printer menu itself. Just tried thick paper from the printer menu on laptop. Did one test print and this definitely made the difference. Don't know, if the print is still optimised for glossy paper, but I'm happy with the optical result.

Thanks for your support!

Deezy11

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
From where are you feeding the paper - from the rear bin or the bottom bin ? This may add a curl to the paper - try both trays to compare - or just the one which you didn't use before
I only fed from the bottom bin. Will give it a try from the rear bin and will let you know about the result.

tnew87

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750, Canon Pro-200
Just wondering if anybody was able to resolve this issue. I am having the identical issue to the OP and some of the others on this thread. It sounds like the printhead/carriage is dragging and hitting against all the guides underneath... you can even see a small spot where it seems to be rubbing on all of them. I have tried several alignments (which result in the tearing of the paper on the second sheet of the vertical alignment), blowing compressed air underneath to loosen up debris, and changing the settings to "thick paper". All of these still result in the tearing of paper at the edge regardless of thickness and what seems to be dragging all of the way across.

My issue evolved over the course of printing about 30 copies on satin 11X17.

Any help would be AMAZING!

bjp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Just wondering if anybody was able to resolve this issue. I am having the identical issue to the OP and some of the others on this thread. It sounds like the printhead/carriage is dragging and hitting against all the guides underneath... you can even see a small spot where it seems to be rubbing on all of them. I have tried several alignments (which result in the tearing of the paper on the second sheet of the vertical alignment), blowing compressed air underneath to loosen up debris, and changing the settings to "thick paper". All of these still result in the tearing of paper at the edge regardless of thickness and what seems to be dragging all of the way across.

My issue evolved over the course of printing about 30 copies on satin 11X17.

Any help would be AMAZING!
hi tnew87!

I dismounted my printer (ET-7750) and found the issue! I was having similar problems, more and more hitting on the paper, and eventually it got so bad, that it felt like the head-carriage was hitting the plastic lines below!

So I dismounted it, open the carriage from the top, remove the 6 ink feeders (which makes a mess of ink)... then under that, attached with 4 screws, the print-head itself can be lifted out.

And... once you see the bottom of the print-head, you discover the horror. There is a skinny metal protector "around" the print-head itself, which was bent downwards!! I dismounted that protector, flatten it in the workshop, and put it back in place. Then I reassemble everything. Now the print-head can move without hitting the plastic below.

I'm considering removing this protector altogether if I have too dismount it again.

After remounting it, I had to do a Power Clean to get back ink up to the head.

Another printer saved from the garbage!

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Do you have any photos of protector you speak about?

bjp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Do you have any photos of protector you speak about?
no I didn't take pictures, and it's a bit tricky to dismount all again just for a picture.

I tried to take a shot with the smartphone, but couldn't get it low enough.

For dismount:

1. start with having the print-head freely moving left-right (I had to remove the power plug while the head was moving during startup)
  2. remove 2 screws from the print head, use a tiny flat screwdriver to release the plastic clips, and remove the print-head cover
  3. remove the 6 ink feeders (hold with 1 screw + a metal clip to move)
  4. cleanup the mess of ink
  5. unscrew 4 screws to take out the head itself. It's still holding back with the flat-cables

Last edited:

Latest posts