ET 7750 Print issue. Horrible noise and hitting paper with head

andberge

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
My ET-7750 is having some problems with borderless prints. The head keeps hitting the paper, tearing the edge of the paper and missaligning it.
The noise i horrible!
I use Epson Premium Glossy photo paper and have selected that in the print menu.

I also have problems with wheel marks on some prints with border and a lot of graphics on regular paper.

Does anyone have any ideas to what the problem is an what I can do to fix this?

Attached is a video and some pictures of the problems I am having.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8higPoPfnmDVLWd68

Thanks in advance :)

Andreas Berge Johansen

Azelus

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L132
The head keeps hitting the paper, tearing the edge of the paper and missaligning it.
Try another new paper, seems like yours is curved.

I also have problems with wheel marks on some prints with border and a lot of graphics on regular paper.
Do you have few more photos of this defect? And at what moment of printing this defect appears?

andberge

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET 7750
Hi, sorry for my late reply

The paper is flat without defects before printing. Did another test with A4 glossy photopaper and there you can see the marks I was telling about.

Regular prints with bigger margins works just fine on regular paper.
Once I try to print close to the edge it starts to rip the paper.

I always select paper in the print driver according to what is in paper tray.

20201228_174346.jpg20201228_174348.jpg20201228_174357.jpg20201228_174341.jpg

Azelus

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L132
If paper ok, then I can suggest that distortion of paper caused by ink, which moisten paper too strong, or paper feed mechanism. Try to print on "draft" quality, to check, if distortion caused by ink.

Fn-Epson

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Et7750
My ET-7750 is having some problems with borderless prints. The head keeps hitting the paper, tearing the edge of the paper and missaligning it.
The noise i horrible!
I use Epson Premium Glossy photo paper and have selected that in the print menu.

Does anyone have any ideas to what the problem is an what I can do to fix this?

Attached is a video and some pictures of the problems I am having.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8higPoPfnmDVLWd68

Thanks in advance :)

Andreas Berge Johansen
I have an ET-7750. I've passed less than 100 sheets of paper through it. Tonight was working on some glossy photo paper 11.3" x 17" in size, with a little bit of curl to it and the printer starts grabbing the left edge and shredding it. Now all photo paper shreds the left edge, and leaves streaks (even when the paper is perfectly straight). Shreds the left edge of 8.5x11, shreds the left edge of 11x17, shreds the left edge of 11.3x17. Also looks like the print head is dragging on the paper for almost the entire print. Seems like it stopped lifting high enough to clear the paper anymore. I've set the printers thick paper setting to "ON" still snags the paper. shreds it, streaks, makes a crazy thumping noise when it does this. Only paper it does not shred is my thin and cheap plain 8.5x11 printer paper.

Last edited:

Deezy11

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Hi

I'm having the exact same issue on my ET-7750 when printing borderless on a glossy paper. Printer head seems to be hitting the edge of paper (no marks, though) with a horribly loud noise. Paper then slightly slides to the side and after half the page is printed, the printer stops with error code 000031 and needs to be rebooted.

Did anyone of you find a solution to that problem?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Deezy11

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
Tried that, didn't really make a difference. Using Matte Photo Paper did, though. The HP Glossy Photo Paper just seems to be too slippery and|or thick for the Epson ET-7750.

Thanks anyway!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I had a ET-7750 for a short while but never got such a failure mode. How old is your printer - do you still have warranty ? How did the problem evolve - over time - or suddenly - already from the beginning ?

Deezy11

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-7750
I had a ET-7750 for a short while but never got such a failure mode. How old is your printer - do you still have warranty ? How did the problem evolve - over time - or suddenly - already from the beginning ?
I have the printer for roughly a year now, but probably out of warranty, as I bought it 2nd hand. It only started yesterday, never had this before. And I used to print on this paper earlier, without any issues. Maybe not borderless. But even when I tried with borders yesterday, it happened. It really came as a surprise.
I also tried with postcard format, same paper, with border and borderless. No issues at all there. Seems to be depending of the A4 format, therefore only happening on the outer areas (A4 portrait mode).