Error message on ip4600.

Ebony

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon ip4600 unfortuntly. Tried refilling and found that did not work. Read on this forum that maybe the printer will run out of memory of how many numbers it can store, after a box full of compatables I decided to go for a CISS. I proqured one from the east coast of Aus and fitted it with a lot of help from the supplier. I now have everything set up but now the printer is showing an error. The power light and the orange fault light flash for 21 times then start over again. A dialodge message and inform me that an erroor has occured No C0000
I have searched the manual and I cannot find this number message.
Any help would be appreciated
This is my first time on this forum. I have been Lurking for a while and found a lot of information. It is great that you people with the knowlege are willing to help others in this way.
Thank you all.

Giorgos_V.

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Canon ip4500 was my last printer before buy an Epson R1900.
As of know, error code C0000 means faulty thermister, lamp or PCB.
What is thermister? Try a search on google...
In addition, check fuser for jammed paper. I hope all goes well with your printer

IanYY

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This guy ... http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B001EVK4B4 ... (see post dated 25/Jan/2009) says C000 is a cartridge seating problem. Are you sure it is error code C0000 and not C000 ?

This site ... http://www.helpdesc.de/davinci/wbc.php?sid=30131a6049&tpl=ip4600.html ... says that 20 Orange/Green flashes (count the oranges, not the greens) is "Other hardware error. Print head may be broken. Replace printhead". 21 flashes isn't listed. It would be too great a gamble for me to replace the printhead solely on that information.

Ian

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ebony..
I had a similar problem with my ip4700 using CISS. Can I ask had you got the top lid down all the way flat.

Ebony

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Guys Thank you for your help. To Giogos and Ianyy the error was C000 and not C0000. To the Inkjet Guru I saw on Facebook a demo on this and he held the left hand front corner of the lid down as the equipment will not allow the lid to close. He said it was to let the printer register the carts. I have a piece of folded paper in the slot which lets the printer know that the lit is ie. closed or open, the paper tells it is closed. Also Ianyy you were the one that was spot on ! I had taken the carts out again as I was having trouble getting the ink through and I did not have one of the carts pressed down hard enough. I have just printed a couple of pages, and still need to get two more colours through then for the first time in a couple of monthes The printer is making the right noises.
Thank you all verry much, and if you wonder who Ebony is, It is my black dog !

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I hope you realize that all the time you are not getting ink through and you keep testing and printing that you are damaging the printhead permanently a little bit at a time with each run. Be careful with CISS and these thermal heads.

Ebony

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks Ink Jet master, I am only doing the head cleaning at present and have only one colour to complete,
that will have to wait until tomorrow as I am off to bed.