error b200

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
numbers above 2100 are for the larger carts and the numbers for the smaller carts start at 1200.
You didn't answer why there are 9 numbers (Regions) for the XL and 6 numbers (Regions) for the regular cartridges? Are there 9 regions, 6 regions, or some other number as I thought?

What is the OEM cart number for the US Maxify MB5120
Whatever amount you've been drinking you should cut in half and then in half again. ***

The PGI2200 web page clearly states for North America

*** It's now after 5PM here. :drool:D:weee

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Whatever amount you've been drinking you should cut in half and then in half again. ***
I’m not the one that’s confused or pissed, what I said was these carts would work in a MB5120 and that includes all models that use the larger cartridges, XL or otherwise and regions have nothing whatsoever to do with these Chinese cartridge numbers.
What is the OEM cart number for the US Maxify MB5120. /
I asked a Feckin simple question and got a very odd answer, and the answer was Canon 2200.. Now back to the Flipin Booze..
I have not found aftermarket cartridges with ARC chips on AliExpress specifically designated for the Maxify MB5120. :idunno
Now you have...;)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I asked a Feckin simple question and got a very odd answer
You already had the answer but for some feckin reason glossed over it.

Now you have...;)
Yes, on my own.

The initial post you provided to AliExpress demonstrated DIFFERENT cartridge model number (PGI-2500) with DIFFERENT region (Europe) they were compatible with listed in the advertisement. As we all should be aware of at this point, cartridge chips are REGION SPECIFIC with OEM Canon cartridges. Hence, my concerns about finding a sale of ARC-chipped cartridges of the PGI-2200 compatible variety.

I am still unclear whether there are 8 or 9 Regions for Canon chipped cartridges and why the post you provided for the PGI-1400 only lists 6 Region model numbers. What happened to the other 2 or 3 Regions? No clear answer from you except that I am confused. I may not be the only one. :pop

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
WOW!!! ALL THIS because I needed a printer. Well I chickened out and bought a Pixma TR8520. Pretty much the same as my old mx922. One reason I got somewhat confused over all those cart. No's. Tr8520 uses280 carts for which there are no generics. So 4 now I will just refill the originals and turn off the ink monitor system. Once the gen. 280 Carts come out I will invest in two sets like I had on my old mx922. Ok now I got my GIN & tonic out and I'm ready to listen to the completion of this feckin conversation.
Ok Hat, now take it easy on the JAMESON. You guys sure have it tuff over there across the pond.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
A birdy told me that @The Hat likes American bourbons. Cannot fault him on this, though I must say I tried an Irish-made Teelings whiskey bought from the distillery and it was superb. :love

Figures we both like something made overseas. Not that I wouldn't drink his bourbon if he offered... :drool

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
WOW!!! ALL THIS because I needed a printer.
Like politics, printing ain't beanbag. The Hat didn't become a master printer because he's a shrinking violet. He's a lean, mean, fighting machine unparalleled on this forum.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The initial post you provided to AliExpress demonstrated DIFFERENT cartridge model number (PGI-2500) with DIFFERENT region (Europe) they were compatible with listed in the advertisement. As we all should be aware of at this point, cartridge chips are REGION SPECIFIC with OEM Canon cartridges. Hence, my concerns about finding a sale of ARC-chipped cartridges of the PGI-2200 compatible variety.

Canon OEM chips and many or most compatible chips are region specific, but from some ads it looks like the Chinese have made some multi-region chips.

The format for the Maxify cartridge numbers is PGI-1x00(XL) and 2x00(XL), where 1 is small cartridges for the smaller versions of the printers and 2 is larger cartridges for the larger models. It looks like both types come in both standard and XL versions and x is a region dependent number.

A year or two ago I compiled a list of regions from a Chinese cartridge ad.

Canon regions:
Region 1 for South America and Mexico market
Region 2 for North America market
Region 3 for Japan market
Region 4 for Middle East and Russia market and African market
Region 5 for Europe market and Australian market *)
Region 7 for Asia market
Region 8 for China market
*) With the introduction of the PG-x50/CLI-x51 cartridges Australia and New Zeeland got their own region 6:
PGI-650, CLI-651 C/M/Y/BK/GY

This list has no region 0 or 9 but maybe it has been or will be added?

Here is an ad for refillable multi-region cartridges for Canon Maxify printers. Scroll down to the "For CANON ink cartridge models:"

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Thank you, @PeterBJ !

This list has no region 0 or 9
That's what I recalled - only 8 Regions.

Maybe the Chinese knockoffs do use the same chip for all Regions. To be on the safe side, I wanted to see, and I now have seen, the model number in the advertisement to have some assurance the chip will work with that specific printer model.

Here is an ad for refillable multi-region cartridges for Canon Maxify printers.
I see it is remarked as compatible for the MB5120, the model I am most interested in. Good.

My question about this cartridge from Amazon is whether it will perform as the ones on AliExpress that @The Hat uses and confirms as good performers. The Amazon cartridges seem a different construction with no internal spring from my quick examination. :idunno

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Here is a refillable cartridge with ARC chip for CLI-x51Y XL. Click to enlarge. It is intended for regions 1 to 8 incl.

CLI-x51Y.jpg

The cartridge had problems with ink outlet contact with the ink inlet on the printhead. This caused ink starvation even if the sponge was still saturated. Other cartridges for single use performed better, the sponges seemed to be a better quality. So the quality seems to vary a lot for different brands of compatible and refillable cartridges. I think this also applies to the cartridges for the Maxifys.

It might be a good idea to study the "My Maxify is on refill ink" thread and ask for the newest recommendations.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I am still unclear whether there are 8 or 9 Regions for Canon chipped cartridges and why the post you provided for the PGI-1400 only lists 6 Region model numbers. What happened to the other 2 or 3 Regions? No clear answer from you except that I am confused. I may not be the only one.
Sorry for not coming back to you on this earlier, other problems were a foot and they need my attention, because I was going to mention @PeterBJ as the man to talk to about regions. (I know nothing...):hu
Well I chickened out and bought a Pixma TR8520. Pretty much the same as my old mx922. One reason I got somewhat confused over all those cart. No's. Tr8520 uses280 carts for which there are no generics. So 4 now I will just refill the originals and turn off the ink monitor system.
@pearlhouse, so you didn’t go for the Maxify never mind, and I hope your satisfied with your new purchase as I am with my Maxify. :)

But not to put a dampener on your new machine, you’ll find it hard to refill those carts and disabling the ink monitoring will cause the printer to drink your ink, and speaking of drink, mine is Bourbon and always will... Sláinte :drool
My question about this cartridge from Amazon is whether it will perform as the ones on AliExpress that @The Hat uses and confirms as good performers. The Amazon cartridges seem a different construction with no internal spring from my quick examination.
Purchasing these carts from Amazon might be a gamble because you may not know what you’re getting, my first set of refillables I bought from Octopus.de, were shite and leaked continually, plus the chips were not Arc’s.:eek:

If the carts look different, it’s because they are, because if they don’t have the internal spring they most likely come with one-time chips too, I seldom if ever buy with Amazon because I don’t like them, much the same way others are reluctant to trust AliExpress.. :confused:

P.S. Those carts from Amazon look the very same as the ones I originally got from Octopus.de ....Ops... My Chinese knockoffs are better...:D
Capture54.PNG