error b200

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Its been a long time since I have had any problems, but this looks serious... MX922 printer giving me a B200 error. Took carts out and cleaned all contacts but still error. So what is this thing telling me.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Its been a long time since I have had any problems, but this looks serious...
There comes a time to say farewell my friend, because you have done all you can to save her, but the print head has given up on you, and the choices now are a new head or a new machine..

P.S. you could try removing the carts and head and leaving the printer powered off for ½ hour, then turn it on and add the head first then later the carts, this procedure can sometimes reset the error message. (Sometimes) :(

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Thats what I was afraid of. I will try what you recommend.. Can you recommend a replacement printer that is all in one with duplex. Where the carts are refillable and re-settable. Ive been looking on the Canon site and looks like I see a few but cant tell any info about the carts.:(

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
I also see a new mx922 machine is a available for $79 US, so I think a new head is out of the question...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Can you recommend a replacement printer that is all in one with duplex. Where the carts are refillable and re-settable
If you want a good tuff all-round printer then check out the Canon Maxify, there are many models to pick from to suite your pocket, there not cheap but then you will be getting a quality-built printer.

They have many of the bells and whistles you’re looking for in a desktop printer with the added bonus they can be refilled with ease and come with big cartridgesso, so no need to be buying OEM inks...

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
Am I right to assume that these Maxify printers will not give me a photo print as good as my old mx922 because they have a lot less resolution?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
these Maxify printers will not give me a photo print as good as my old mx922
No where as good as your old MX922, but they are still pretty reasonable and they don’t fade like the photos from the MX922, so horses for courses..

I don’t reckon you’d be to unhappy with the photo quality, it’s not perfect but there has to be some trade offs...