Error B200 today, Goodbye Pro-10s ?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Sometimes using drastic surgery methods ..:p

I'm wondering if it's worth dissecting the dead printhead. Not expecting to find the source of the fatal disease that triggered error B200, but maybe I'll do it just for fun.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
'm wondering if it's worth dissecting the dead printhead. Not expecting to find the source of the fatal disease that triggered error B200, but maybe I'll do it just for fun.
I was using my i865 one day and the on screen message came up and said replace the print head, I reckon this was before the B200 error was invented, as I had a spare head I put that in and away I went again, the old head had just over 10,000 prints on it..

Six months later I was tidying up and came across the old head, so just for no reason I put that old head back in the printer and it worked fine for about a month, then I got the same error message again, that goes to prove it’s a software end of life and not a hardware one..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm wondering if it's worth dissecting the dead printhead. Not expecting to find the source of the fatal disease that triggered error B200, but maybe I'll do it just for fun.
Some older Canon service manuals have circuit diagrams and show how the individual nozzles are addressed - the resistors which create the heat pulse to evaporate a tiny amount of ink in the printhead, and the 'cooked' ink - the bubble - propels the ink drop out of the nozzles. There are plenty of nozzles in a Canon printhead - several hundreds to thousends, and they are all controlled via a binary adress from the motherboard. There is a decoder chip on the flex cable in the printhead which does this - converting the binary address to a specific nozzle, this decoder chip does not just run with logic voltage but as well switches a higher voltage of 30 - 40 V onto the resistors. It is this decoder chip which fails in most B200 cases - at various internal locations on the chip - it can overheat - it even can start burning - or it may cool down and work again for a short while - or it even can kill the motherboard . You can disassemble the printhead and find that chip, you may find some burning mark but you cannot look inside the chip.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
....... you may find some burning mark ..........

Like this?

QY6-0067 damage.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Sometimes using drastic surgery methods .
It really is a crazy situation when you can’t replace the print head when you have the B200 error, what’s an owner supposed to do, just buy a new printer, I reckon Canon need to cop onto themselves and resolve their error.. because that’s what it is..

I don’t reckon I’d have gotten a Pro 10 had I known there was an incendiary device hidden inside their machines..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Keep a few fire extinguishers at home.