crgrove

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10, Epson XP-960
Hi all!
🙂

I have brought my Epson Expressions xp-960 out of summer hibernation. hehe
I WAS experimenting with using it for sublimation printing and decided it was not best suited for that.
So, I had switched the cartridges back over to the original Epson carts and printed a few test sheets on plain, letter paper.
It worked okay.
I THEN switched the setting ON THE PRINTER to Glossy AND in Qimage 1 (AND in Lightroom) paper settings also to photo glossy.
NOW, no matter what drawer/cassette/slot I try to print from it gives me a PHANTOM paper jam alert and refuses to print! (It DOES START the paper into the printer.)
I know it is "phantom" because I can get it to NICELY feed the paper all the way through, AFTER the error message, with no problem.
I've tried different photo paper selections, thinking that it might "feel" that it is the wrong thickness. (which is a problem in some commercial digital copier/printers)
THE KILLER is that when I set all the settings back to PLAIN paper, it prints just fine on plain, office paper! ALSO, IT PRINTS on the photo paper when set to plain paper.
I updated the firmware. NO CHANGE.

*sigh* Any ideas??
(Just to reaffirm, there are no ACTUAL paper jams AND the paper clears itself just fine if you press the "start" button after it TELLS you there's a paper jam.)