Epson XP-600 and 800 series

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Would a similar refilling method to the PGI-9 carts not work with this type of cartridge, or even the dribble method?

5128_inkclip9.png

Sherden

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 - Epson XP-810

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

Sherden

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Prospective purchasers are now advised to stay away from these printers. I have ink and ICC profiles for these but yet I say stay away.
Epson has perfected the chip situation on these after 4-5 iterations. They have the upper hand, updated machines and new users are left to make sure that 2 things never occur on these machines. 1. That the optical sensor is always fooled into thinking that there is ink in the cartridge. ..blacked out optical sensor.
2. Having done 1. You must ensure that the cartridge never runs out of ink... getting ink back into the nozzles can be problematic. The only sane way to accomplish this is to use a standard capacity chip. If you use that, each reset will pull out approx 10% of the capacity of the chip by the head clean. So after changing 4 -5 cartridges or resetting them, you only get to use approx 1/2 of the capacity. ..half the ink in the cartridge ends up in the waste tank. Also explains why the waste tanks are filling fast on these machines.

If you understand the logic of how the blowout of the chips works, you'll see why its a nightmare. The only sane way to use this printer is to use Epson XL capacity OEM carts and then you're OK but you better have deep pockets. Otherwise, as far as refilling. it's now become a bad scene for the 600..810 users. I still have my XP600 with old firmware and chips but it is a different scene altogether compared to the new.

The thread started before the antics of Epson, as the thread progressed...things were changing. They have now perfected the game with this generation. Pay attention to this, I suspect this was a proving ground of how to deter after-market by Epson on future models.

I red the whole thread from page one and I am very confused now on what to do.

I have an XP-810 and want to go on resetting the OEM carts (possibly the starter carts) leaving the original chip (= using a resetter) and refilling them with the dribble method.

I understand from previous posts that colour carts are easily refillable and the only issue are with the pigmented black XL cart with ARC chips, but the above post from @mikling really puzzles me.

@mikling or other printmasters, could someone please explain if the issue above is experienced also with OEM chips\carts and how to avoid it (if possible)

Also in unclear why half the ink in the cartridge ends up in the waste tank

Many Thanks

Sherden

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
A long time has passed since my last post.

Now I have few updates for fellow users of XP-600 and 800 series printers (26 series carts).

I discovered that refill 26 carts is very easy, just drop the ink with a syringe on the ink outlet and quickly the cartridge is refilled.

Also using an ARC chip the cartridge is recognized as being OEM.

I used the ARC chips last year and they worked pretty fine. A week ago the text black suddenly has stopped working. The ink was finished without any warning and the sensor (prism) detected that the cartridge was empty "permanently burning" the possibility of refilling the cartridge.

After buying and installing an OEM black cartridge, suddenly the cyan one is no longer recognized. I refill it, reset the ARC chip, even install a new one ARC but without success: Cartridge not recognized

This morning I buy and install a new OEM cyan cartridge, and as the printer finish to install it, suddenly the other three (yellow, magenta and photo black, which in the meanwhile I refilled and put back) suddenly give the non-OEM cart error.

I wonder if any of you had the same problem using ARC chips and have any tip on how to solve it.

Please note that neither the EPSON software nor the firmware of the printer has been changed or updated