Epson XP-600 and 800 series

xp8003

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
xp-800
"What do you mean "we found the scourge" ?"

so you need to buy every month.

wicreset no proplem. I've reset the printer is currently running.

waste ink pad error, giving 10 USD per month.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I use the Printer Potty waste kits daily on three of my Canon printers and this is exactly what I think of it.

The Printer Potty is a very well taught out waste ink system and a much better alternative to the original OEM ink system IMHO, and one I can wholeheartedly recommend. :old

The video above post#146 showing the XP800 installation is a disaster waiting to happen regularly, perhaps even monthly. :ep

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
"What do you mean "we found the scourge" ?"

so you need to buy every month.

wicreset no proplem. I've reset the printer is currently running.

waste ink pad error, giving 10 USD per month.
Ok... I'm not sure if I understand this properly but hopefully this will help.

The WICReset program is not a monthly subscription system. It allows you to reset the waste ink counter back to zero each time it reaches the limit.

So, if you get the "service required" error you need a WICReset key to reset it back to zero. You only need a new key when the error re-appears again.

If you are using good cartridges and are not using the the printhead cleaning function too much you should get more than one months use out of the printer.

If you are getting the error every month you need to work out what is generating all the waste ink and try to fix it.

The discussion so far has reported problems with compatible cartridges, refillable cartridges and CIS systems so perhaps tell us how you are using your printer. We might then be able to help.

Wudz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP700
Hello all,

I tried to purchase chips in order tio refill my original Epson cartridges.
Precision Colors seems to encounter issues with chips.

Is there a reliable way to refill OEM cartridges? Are chinese ARC we can find on Ebay or amazon reliable?
I'm don't really trust those magical cartridges above... Has anyone successfully tried?

Thanks

xp8003

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
xp-800
Genuine original looks 26Xl v8.1 chip.
v8.1 chip that looks Genuine.

QXpOrr.jpg

b8L7zn.jpg
4mGy6Y.jpg
lYb5np.jpg

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Propsective purchasers are now advised to stay away from these printers. I have ink and ICC profiles for these but yet I say stay away.
Epson has perfected the chip situation on these after 4-5 iterations. They have the upper hand, updated machines and new users are left to make sure that 2 things never occur on these machines. 1. That the optical sensor is always fooled into thinking that there is ink in the cartridge. ..blacked out optical sensor.
2. Having done 1. You must ensure that the cartridge never runs out of ink... getting ink back into the nozzles can be problematic. The only sane way to accomplish this is to use a standard capacity chip. If you use that, each reset will pull out approx 10% of the capacity of the chip by the head clean. So after changing 4 -5 cartridges or resetting them, you only get to use approx 1/2 of the capacity. ..half the ink in the cartridge ends up in the waste tank. Also explains why the waste tanks are filling fast on these machines.

If you understand the logic of how the blowout of the chips works, you'll see why its a nightmare. The only sane way to use this printer is to use Epson XL capacity OEM carts and then you're OK but you better have deep pockets. Otherwise, as far as refilling. it's now become a bad scene for the 600..810 users. I still have my XP600 with old firmware and chips but it is a different scene altogether compared to the new.

The thread started before the antics of Epson, as the thread progressed...things were changing. They have now perfected the game with this generation. Pay attention to this, I suspect this was a proving ground of how to deter aftermarket by Epson on future models.

The user is now advised to consider the Canon 250/251 series. At the start of this thread proper ARC chips were NOT available for those printers but was available for these Epson. Now the Canon has the right chips and with the changes by Epson....I strongly recommend to consider the Canon models.

xp8003

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
xp-800
Epson (26XL) T2621-T2631-T2632-T2633-T2634 V8.1 ARC chip stable..JPG

Epson (26XL) T2621-T2631-T2632-T2633-T2634 V8.1 ARC chip stable.

No proplem xp-800 FW 13.45 MB17D9 running smoothly.

Poppacat

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epxon XP-600
So, is the general consensus of the collective braintrust gathered here that the Epson XP-600 cannot be reliably refilled or connected to a CIS? My 600 was purchased in October of 2013, but I accidentally updated the firmware in April or May of this year. since then, my CIS has been nothing but a headache, and I recently fgot the "end of Life" death notice. Should it be abandoned, or is there hope?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
So, is the general consensus of the collective braintrust gathered here that the Epson XP-600 cannot be reliably refilled or connected to a CIS?
At present there are a number of hurdles to overcome that still haven't been resolved. Some of these are technical, others are patent based due to Epson deliberately patenting remanufacturing processes (so they can threaten reman' operations and further reduce the pool of compatibles).

Personally I love a challenge and I am hoping to figure out a way to re-prime original Epson OEM carts but it's a time intensive option and frankly it's time I don't yet have.

The reliability of chips, either a ARC's, resettable, etc... is another issue which may be resolved but it complicates things and with the addition of firmware update by driver/remote-update it's not likely to be one anyone is going to "win" anytime soon, if at all.

My 600 was purchased in October of 2013, but I accidentally updated the firmware in April or May of this year. since then, my CIS has been nothing but a headache, and I recently fgot the "end of Life" death notice. Should it be abandoned, or is there hope?
I would probably mothball the printer and put it in storage to see if any of the issues can be resolved and a reliable solution does come out. It can't hurt unless storage is an issue. Instead I'd look for alternative older models like the Artisan series or even going back to models like the R285 (if a printer only meets your needs). There's plenty of inks, CIS/refillable options and loads of information on keeping them going so old is better in this scenario.