Epson XP 3150, "cartridge not recognised" remains

arthur.cerew

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 3150
I'm going mad, please help.
Situation
The printer worked well with original Epson cartridges.
After replacing empty cartridges with a third-party 603XL, the printer worked fine for a few minutes.
Then the message "Ink cartridges not recognized" appeared on the printer's display.
The printer is not connected to the PC.
What I've done
1. Printer Memory clearing -- Cartridges removed, turned off, power cable unplugged, rest for 15 minutes, turned on, turned off, cartridges reinstalled, printer turned on -- No Result.
2. Cartridge Chip resetting -- Reset all four cartridges with a chip resetter. The LED lit up briefly -- No Result.
3. Copper contacts -- On both the chip and in the printer they were clean, but cleaned nonetheless.
4. Consulted the Internet -- Not much wiser.
The message "not recognized" does not go away, remains and the printer refuses.
Memo
The empty original cartridges are unfortunately no longer available.
Also, the supplier of the third-party cartridges is no longer known, otherwise I would ask them. But attempts are being made to do so.
Please help, any advice is very welcome.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Since your 3rd party cartridges don't work you would need to buy a set of original Epson cartridges

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Also, the supplier of the third-party cartridges is no longer known, otherwise I would ask them. But attempts are being made to do so.

If I were a betting man I'd suspect that the compatible cartridges had faulty chips and the seller has gone AWOL because they realised it was a problem.

Recommend trying another source of the cartridges that has feedback and other indications that show they actually have a working product.

sev333

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
xp-3100
You can install chipless firmware to solve your problem forever

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
again - get a set of Epson cartridges to bring the printer back into a working condition, and start from there with
new 3rd party cartridges. I'm afraid that cartridges from a supplier who is gone will not fix your problem.