Epson XP-15000 OEM and refillable one time cartridge and waste ink resetter

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I just tried my resetter from aliexpress on my original setup cartridges, which I managed to refill up to full (27 g) like an original 478XL cartridge and it works:

IMG_20220919_111202.jpg

The only side effect is the original cartridges are seen as aftermarket cartridges (despite being original Epson !!!) and you will get a warning about the usage of aftermarket cartridges, nevertheless it works. This resetter can also reset one time refillable cartridges at any time at will, which is a big advantage over auto reset chips for which you have to wait until the cartridge triggers an empty message to the printer in order to reset the chip.

The resetter for the maintenace tank has already been tested and this works as well without any problems. You can see the maintenance tank level is 100% empty.

mavtop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
Do you have a link for the waste tank resetter ?

I saw tank resetter for 30$, with 5$ i can take 1 waste tank, so 6 waste tank before reaching the tank resetter, is that so inexpensive ? I know that a tank can be reused at least 5-6 times, but how much often a waste tank is filled ? How many A4 or A3 prints are needed to fill the waste tank ?

Someone has some hints on it ?

Thanks
mavtop

Last edited:

mavtop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
Ok it's the same i have found, how many waste tanks you have bought ? Or you just reset the first one ? And for how many times ?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I only have one waste ink tank: I do not like to throw away plastic (environment), so after 3 resets (still one reset now) I will exchange the sponge material with folded kitchen paper towel to absorb the ink. Just keep resetting the original waste ink tank and you are set.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The WicReset utility shows the status of the waste ink bin(s) for Epson printers - printers with the borderless option have a platen pad to absorb the overspray, and the status is shown in WicReset on a 2nd line; I'm not familiar whether and how WicReset handles this on Canon printers.

mavtop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP 15000
Talking about borderless printing: in my epson xp 15000 if i use borderless print, i can only choose expansion min, med or max, but there is no option for no expansion, how do you print test patterns for profiling papers ?
usually i choose normal A4 paper but in this way it is in someway resized (default margins kicks in the print)

Last edited:

Inkling

Printing Apprentice
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson XP-15000 ET-2840
Do you have any long term experience in refilling the original Epson cartridges?
I was wondering how often they can be refilled before they must be replaced. Do you see any issues with refilling them? Refilling the original ones seems to me better than using aftermarket sponge type cartridges which may eventually clog and cause printer problems.
I did my first refill of the setup cartridges by just dropping the ink onto the "mesh" using the 106 ink plus 114 for grey and the Canon red. I am very happy with the results. The only difference I can see in test pages is that the Epson red is slightly darker, but maybe it is just my imagination.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Do you have any long term experience in refilling the original Epson cartridges?
I was wondering how often they can be refilled before they must be replaced. Do you see any issues with refilling them? Refilling the original ones seems to me better than using aftermarket sponge type cartridges which may eventually clog and cause printer problems.
I did my first refill of the setup cartridges by just dropping the ink onto the "mesh" using the 106 ink plus 114 for grey and the Canon red. I am very happy with the results. The only difference I can see in test pages is that the Epson red is slightly darker, but maybe it is just my imagination.
With some care you can refill them until your printer will brake down. The only thing is NOT to let them be completely empty and reset the chip above 15%. I suggest to refill all the carts when one of the carts are approaching 20% level, before a large printing job. Yes you are right the Epson Red is slightly darker, but a profile can level this out almost completely. Just use a scale to be sure you put enough ink in your carts. There is no difference in amount of ink you can put in setup carts and "real" cartridges.