pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The Hat said:
The Hat said:
Ill have a look at my Pro 1 tonight and see if there is any waste tank on the bottom of that. :)
I was moving my Pro 1 to a better location yesterday and being curious
I decided to pop off the right side-cover and have a good look around inside it.:ep

So I can now say that there is in fact a waste tank below the print head parking station.

Its tucked in and very well hidden so much so I couldnt get it to budge so I left for now,
but in time if there is any warning of impending disaster looming Ill know what needs to be done. (Hopefully):hu
Could take some picture of the inside your printer to see how the maintenance tank is positioned ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
pharmacist

I dont know if these really help much because I couldnt get it to budge an 1

The first picture shows the front and side panel where the tank is situated.

5128_pro_front_panal.jpg

The second shows how far back it is located

5128_ink_waste_tank_2.jpg

The third is just a close-up of the pullout panel itself.

5128_ink_waste_tank_1.jpg

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Well, it seems printer manufacturers are making these absorption pads more and more accesible for exchange without the need of completely disassembling the whole printer into hundreds of bits and pieces and then trying to put it together, hoping it will work again.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
@bobjoek:
Did you take any pictures of the 840's internals (ie: up into the area the waste pad holder normally occupies)? Also if you could, could you measure the depth between that bottom and the top of that waste pad opening (minus the spacer at the bottom). I'd be interested to see if the space is as restricted as the other models I've come across so far.

bobjoek

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
websnail said:
@bobjoek:
Did you take any pictures of the 840's internals (ie: up into the area the waste pad holder normally occupies)? Also if you could, could you measure the depth between that bottom and the top of that waste pad opening (minus the spacer at the bottom). I'd be interested to see if the space is as restricted as the other models I've come across so far.
Following are two pics of the Epson Workforce 840 with the maintenance tank removed:

6833_workforce_840-1.jpg

This view is straight on showing the opening.

6833_workforce_840-2.jpg

This view is up into the space occupied by the maintenance tank.

With the maintenance tank installed, there is a large opening below the tank measuring 3" wide x 2.75" high x 4.75" deep. This opening provides more than adequate room for removal of the tank. The tank itself measures 3" wide x 2.375" high x 4.5" deep.

Hope this helps.

Bob

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hi Bob,

That's very useful info'... Thanks...

The reason I was asking was because I took apart a Workforce WF7015 a week ago and only figured out how to install an external waste kit to it 2 days back. That particular printer had a VERY deep recess up into the printer workings of more than 6" with minimal space across either horizontal axis so I wondered if that was common. It seems not.

So definitely a useful nugget... Thanks again..