Epson Workforce 30 Won't Print After Changing Cartridges

don.pierce29

Print Lurker
Reaction score
changed old, empty cartridges and now can't get thing to print. software shows empty cartridges. what can i do?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Good question... First things to check.

1. Are the new cartridges originals or compatibles?
2. What source have you used for obtaining the cartridges?
3. Any other information that might be relevant?

don.pierce29

Print Lurker
Reaction score
1) refurbished (cheap)
2) online
3) all cartridges appear to functional in that i see just a trace amount of ink at the "o" ring (for lack of a better term).

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
1) refurbished (cheap)
2) online
3) all cartridges appear to functional in that i see just a trace amount of ink at the "o" ring (for lack of a better term).
Hmm...

Best guess, and it is just a guess... Those cartridges are using duff chips or you're mixing cartridges with different chip types.

There's sometimes a compatibility clash that happens with third party cartridge chips where different manufacturers chips don't work with each other although normally you'd get an error about unrecognised cartridges rather than an "empty" status.

Your call but if you have a full set from a different supplier you could try putting the full set in and seeing if that solves your problem or not.

Probably wouldn't hurt to just compare the weights of the empty and "new" cartridge to see if there's any real difference in weight... You could, after all, have been sold empties without realising it.

don.pierce29

Print Lurker
Reaction score
they have ink in em, but i think you might be on to something with the chip theory. thanks for the input.

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
In my country, people are using Epson WF-30 a lot, with a CISS and a set of ARC chip. With ARC chip, it is advised that you use consistantly: all ARC chip, or none. Mixing them would likely cause funny output. ;)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Not sure Don is using ARC's but that advice would certainly apply.