Printer Model
Epson Workforce 3620
Will do.

Tom Fitzgerald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
Does anyone know if Epson ink ports are a standard size? I tried a standard aquarium tube for connecting to a syringe and it was too big, it say just about perfectly over the whole port without being able to create a vacuum. I am guessing it was 3/16 inch or something and maybe I need 1/8? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I am guessing it was 3/16 inch or something and maybe I need 1/8?
Can you measure the radius of the port?

Even something like tracing the port onto a piece of paper, or make a rubbing of the port like you were trying to reveal indentations left on a pad of paper, and then measuring it may do the job.

Last edited:

Tom Fitzgerald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SureColor P600
What’s wrong with using a Caliper for the job...:hu

Nothing and that would have been a perfect tool, but I don't have one. :barnie

My cyan cartridge came in yesterday and I needed that in order for the printer to be able to run through a cycle. After I did that, the entire PK channel was freed up and printing correct nozzle check patters. I've printed three 8x10's so far and they look great. So all of that scraping the head over 5/4 mix of Windex/Alcohol apparently did something. So no need for a line purge (I hope). I just ran a nozzle check tonight and all lines are good again.

I'm going to be printing 8x10, 11x14 and Super B over the coming week so if something is going to jam (again), I'm assuming it will happen then. If that does happen I may look into other printers. I know all inkjets can clog, but Canon seems to have a better reputation on that front, even it's only qualitatively based on user reports and no empirical data...If this Epson clogs up again during active use, it's OUT!