Epson WF-3620 No black

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
Hello everyone

As can see from previous photo the black was very good but there are a magenta lines on the page when I print but today when I print these lines is gone but the black clogged again .

Attachments

• img148.jpg
    img148.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 163

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Aaah a wheatstone bridge for precise measurements! Goes back to the late 70s for me. Doing some studies it looks like.

Do another head clean to purge air! You still need to clean all channels. Do remember you have a choice of Black only etc. so make the appropriate choice. Nozzles should always be perfect. Using the printer with a missing nozzle check with the intent to clean it later could end up making that missing nozzle permanent. So always attend to the missing nozzles ASAP.

Last edited:

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
Aaah a wheatstone bridge for precise measurements! Goes back to the late 70s for me. Doing some studies it looks like.

Do another head clean to purge air! You still need to clean all channels. Do remember you have a choice of Black only etc. so make the appropriate choice. Nozzles should always be perfect. Using the printer with a missing nozzle check with the intent to clean it later could end up making that missing nozzle permanent. So always attend to the missing nozzles ASAP.

Yes, I am mechatronics engineer student and I was printing my university homeworks. And today when I want to print the new homework's the nozzle clogged again.

I understand that you suggest to continue printhead clean right?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm puzzled that there is no real progress with the missing nozzles so far, so I'm coming to the assumption that there is something else as well - like something causing an insufficient ink flow from the cartridges - caused by a blocked air flow into the cartridges . There are various types of these 3rd party cartridges - do you have to remove a plastic tab or something before you insert it into the carriage ? Can you poke with a needle into that hole ?

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
I'm puzzled that there is no real progress with the missing nozzles so far, so I'm coming to the assumption that there is something else as well - like something causing an insufficient ink flow from the cartridges - caused by a blocked air flow into the cartridges . There are various types of these 3rd party cartridges - do you have to remove a plastic tab or something before you insert it into the carriage ? Can you poke with a needle into that hole ?

There was a yellow sticker I peel it off before I install them. Which hole do you mean?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There was a yellow sticker I peel it off before I install them.
Fine, and what is underneath the sticker - a little hole in the plastic ? I had it more than one time that the foil of such sticker separated and a very thin film was remaining on the vent hole. Another option would be to test a cartridge of a different supplier. You are using a new printhead, and the air should slowly disappear after several cleaning cycles now, that makes me think that there is something else as well. There could be constructional issues impeding the ink flow, an Epson cartridge typically has a spring loaded valve at the ink outlet, some 3rd party cartridges don't or the valve does not really open, I have seen various of such issues. But it is quite difficult to do remote diagnostics in this case.

Last edited:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There are a range of different cartridge types used for 3rd party products, it is difficult to get an impression from remote to understand if they can cause a problem with the ink flow, it's just an effect I have observed several times in the past; the spring valve in the Epson cartridge is inside at the ink outlet. I'm just telling you that there are several possible causes for the missing nozzles you still have - like tiny air bubbles - cartridge/ink flow problems - the ink itself may be incompatible which I would exclude in your case - and what was the status of the new printhead - brand new and purchased from Epson ? Or refurbished ? You find lots of 'cleaned' - refurbished printheads on Ebay, Aliexpress etc

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
Aliexpress
Yes, but there are refurbished and new what I buy from them they write new %100. Today when I print to black color the printed paper is just a blank page no black at all

Epson WF

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF-3620
Hello everybody

No the printer print black an it is excellent when I print text but not image. The new problem now the printer not print in CYAN color at all but the cartridge is new and full.

img149.jpg